Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T7 Spyshots.

Not his finest hour. The VP design was, shall we say.... unique
It was originally designed as a sports coupe, but they just couldn’t make it :)

I think there is ample opportunity for VW engineers to tune the engine, transmission and suspension if they weren't happy with the Ford standard or wanted to make a distinction. The interior also allows for customisation. Whether they do any of this or not is up for grabs but testing a Ford Transit today to pronounce on a future T7 is pointless.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But you won’t see much deviation from this for the Volkswagen model.
Yes, Volkswagen will make some small changes. But essentially this new Ford Transit will probably constitute 90% of the next Gen Volkswagen van.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But you won’t see much deviation from this for the Volkswagen model.
Yes, Volkswagen will make some small changes. But essentially this new Ford Transit will probably constitute 90% of the next Gen Volkswagen van.
I watched a comparo vlog on the Amarok vs the Ranger. Basically the same vehicle ie engine, transmission and drive train but with different handling characteristics. Both teams developed their vehicles independently and ended up with quite different handling characteristics. The steering is different as is the suspension. The core vehicle is the same though. I imagine the T7 and Transit teams will do something similar. Ultimately it will be a Transit with VW personality. Whether for good or bad we have yet to see.

I’m not put off by a Ford. We run Fords at work and can’t fault them. We also have Citroens and they really are terrible vans…

Have VW and Ford appointed the same advertising agency?

View attachment 117522
View attachment 117523
I'm loving the V2L you can buy in the 2024 Ford Nugget PHEV version.

It has an optional 3 pin 230/240v feed of over 2kWh of power direct from the traction battery , thus removing the need for Jackerys / Bluettis etc.

I expect VW will follow suit soon with a PHEV California option..

I’m saying the Ford for looks…

IMG_1774.jpeg

The VW version is fugly, looks like a Pug. And I don't mean a French car.

That front wheel arch is all wrong. Looks even worse on the VW, but really not much to choose between the 2 externally. Hoping VW spent more time working on the interior.

To my eye it looks like VW stuck and amalgamation of the Golf/MV front end on the Ford Transit body = FrankenCali

Westfalia are announcing their Club Joker Urban at CMT this weekend. They are using the new Ford Transit as base model. Will be interesting, especially if VW are sticking by their decision to only use the Multivan for the next gen Cali View attachment 118011

Ford already have a long standing partnership with the Westalia Nugget. So should be good!

As the next generation Transporter is being built by Ford in a Turkish Ford factory sharing most components I think it may bring some benefits as regards cost savings. For myself it means no more VW's for me.

I'm not clear why you'd buy that over a Nugget (other than to avoid Ford's poor customer service on the Nugget).
Agree, I found it a bit disappointing from a design perspective. But gave an indication of what a traditional side kitchen layout looks like in the new vehicle chassis