Light in cupboards
Camper controle unit
Led headlights
Dsg
Rear view camera inclusief wide angel 180 deg
Digital cockpit
Front Seats can turn without opening door
Led reading lights above front seats

my 2019/2020 T6 has an interior lights package, lights in cupboard, LED headlights, DSG,
so I don't think they're a T6.1 exclusive, more like a model year feature ?

If you like your gadgets/tech and prefer more of a car style drive then definitely go t6.1
Only down sides are the awful dash and front end doesn’t look as nice.
I did think my 150 T6 had a tad more power to 150 t6.1
Have a t6 kombi 204 now wow flies up to Glenshee/lech!
So does this mean that fiat is going?
I’m more of a fan of the T6 as I like the van feel and cd player

The Fiat is staying for this summer and to be reviewed following our return from Europe.
On the hunt for a Beach as our daily driver, going full circle :thumb

The Fiat is staying for this summer and to be reviewed following our return from Europe.
On the hunt for a Beach as our daily driver, going full circle :thumb
If it’s a beach think I would be tempted to go t6.1 as like the pop out stove

If it’s a beach think I would be tempted to go t6.1 as like the pop out stove

The comfort dashboard in the T6 is so much nicer. The T6.1 looks a lot more van than car…

The question you need to ask yourself is, what are you getting for that 35k outlay. What’s it’s value to you…?
Personally, I only change vehicles if there’s a worthy change upgrade to the vehicle.
Over the last 15 years, I’ve gone:
T5 self build
T5.1 Beach California
T6 Ocean
ID Buzz on the way.

Each new van for me was a big step up from its predecessor, so in my eyes worth the extra outlay…
Your last change …. does that mean it’s back to a tent ?

The comfort dashboard in the T6 is so much nicer. The T6.1 looks a lot more van than car…
I’ve got the comfort dash in my kombi, way nicer than t6.1 storage is awful on t6.1.
Thought I’d miss the high level cup holders as had the standard dash on my t6 joker but prefer middle now.
If it’s an ex demo and the dealer has both see if you can wangle it for 24hrs and see what you prefer.

The dash is one of my pet hates in the 6.1. Have had to buy a phone holder as there is nowhere to stick the phone. Also seem to get a lot of reflection from the dash onto the windscreen in certain light. Can't even fit the manual in the glovebox. As a new owner it has been a fairly simple transition.

The dash is one of my pet hates in the 6.1. Have had to buy a phone holder as there is nowhere to stick the phone.
Brandrup now do a neat pocket that fits on the front face of the central cup holder/charging point. Fits 2 phones.

my 2019/2020 T6 has an interior lights package, lights in cupboard, LED headlights, DSG,
so I don't think they're a T6.1 exclusive, more like a model year feature ?
you are probably right, also the divided glass on the sink/gas was added later on T6 models.
Another example is the storage possibilities in the cover of the small window above the fridge was added before T6.1 came available.
Other items that were options before are now standard on ocean : led headlights, DSG..
The only thing I really wish they had not changed: the lid on the storage area on top of the dashboard..
But other improvements real worth :
the sprung base of the bed on the first floor: we no longer need a topper or alternative mattress anymore. In the lower area, the double bed features a lounge function for the first time. The headrest can be raised in several steps and fixed in your preferred position

Last edited:
The dash is one of my pet hates in the 6.1. Have had to buy a phone holder as there is nowhere to stick the phone. Also seem to get a lot of reflection from the dash onto the windscreen in certain light. Can't even fit the manual in the glovebox. As a new owner it has been a fairly simple transition.
Did anyone ever find a solution for the dash reflection on the windscreen? Perhaps a Matt finish mat?