Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 DSG LED board

Devaprem

Devaprem

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi. Can anyone tell me how I find out the replacement part for this board? It provides LED backlight to the DSG gear change indicators. Broken when trying to refit the Comfort dash centre console! I've tried googling all three numbers on the white label but nothing relevant comes up. I can see reference to a similar board in the T6 forums but this is for a T5 (https://www.t6forum.com/threads/replacement-circuit-board-for-gear-selector-backlight.13915/).

IMG_6131.jpeg

IMG_6132.jpeg

IMG_6133.jpeg

Hi. Can anyone tell me how I find out the replacement part for this board? It provides LED backlight to the DSG gear change indicators. Broken when trying to refit the Comfort dash centre console! I've tried googling all three numbers on the white label but nothing relevant comes up. I can see reference to a similar board in the T6 forums but this is for a T5 (https://www.t6forum.com/threads/replacement-circuit-board-for-gear-selector-backlight.13915/).

View attachment 115635

View attachment 115636

View attachment 115637
That should be repairable by a half descent electronic technician.

Might be worth getting in contact with these people and enquire. They are a Forum Trade Partner.

Is the yellow component just a passive connector or is it an active component or microchip? If just a connector it’s a simple repair. You could replace it with short lengths of insulated wire. If it’s an active component still easily repairable as long as it can be identified. It doesn’t look like a chip to me. (I designed circuit boards in a previous life).

Did you see this post on the T6 forum ?

7A2CD53A-9E58-4882-A70E-96FCD26B5562.png

Thanks for your replies.
WelshGas, thanks for the link, I’ll contact the company tomorrow.
GrumpyGrandad, it isn’t an active component, it looks like just a PCB ribbon cable (that part of the board just has the LED that illuminates the P on the DSG display) so all the cable is passing is switched power.
Perfectos. Thanks for the link but that looks like the one for the T5.

One thing that occurs to me now, with the Park selection part of the LED board now disconnected, is whether there’s a possibility of a problem with that. I’m wondering if the board also provides feedback of the gear selection through to the engine management system, for instance. That said, it is just the ‘Park’ status feedback that may be affected as all the other selection LEDs and any other circuitry is on the undamaged part of the board. Can anyone offer any comments on this possibility?

Thanks for your replies.
WelshGas, thanks for the link, I’ll contact the company tomorrow.
GrumpyGrandad, it isn’t an active component, it looks like just a PCB ribbon cable (that part of the board just has the LED that illuminates the P on the DSG display) so all the cable is passing is switched power.
Perfectos. Thanks for the link but that looks like the one for the T5.
Simple fix then @Devaprem :)

Thanks. I'm waiting for EERepair (WelshGas post above) to get back to me.

Thanks for the link. I’m in touch with him and checking part number. VW have some variants of this part.

Electronic Equipment Repair have said they could probably fix it and would cost £50

Back