Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Steering wheels

TomSawyer

TomSawyer

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi,

Hoping someone can help. There are two optional steering wheels, (see pic) does anyone know the difference. The cheaper one comes free with the 130mph adaptive cruise which makes it cheaper than buying the 99mph cruise and the wheel seperately but can't fathom what I'd lose by not having "display controls"

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0083.jpg

The sports steering wheel has the DSG shifters apparently.

Thanks. I'd missed that word "sports" and focussed on the "display" bit. So presumably it's worth paying the extra £24 for the paddles if you're paying for the whole steering wheel upgrade, but if you can get the £336 wheel included in adaptive cruise, the paddles aren't worth an extra £360!

Thanks. I'd missed that word "sports" and focussed on the "display" bit. So presumably it's worth paying the extra £24 for the paddles if you're paying for the whole steering wheel upgrade, but if you can get the £336 wheel included in adaptive cruise, the paddles aren't worth an extra £360!

I think the configuration price is incorrect. I've recently checked when ordering my Cali and neither were free with either ACC version. That prompted me to go for the 99mph version with sports steering wheel of course for those laps of the nurburgring

I can confirm my experience. The more expensive SW comes with paddle shift for DSG. JW

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. There are two optional steering wheels, (see pic) does anyone know the difference. The cheaper one comes free with the 130mph adaptive cruise which makes it cheaper than buying the 99mph cruise and the wheel seperately but can't fathom what I'd lose by not having "display controls"

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 17850
For the 130mph ACC option, I am pretty certain "display controls" should be stated for both steering wheel options assuming it refers to the up and down buttons for the dashboard centre display. The buttons are definitely still part of the no-cost wheel for MY17 despite the misleading description.

I think the configuration price is incorrect. I've recently checked when ordering my Cali and neither were free with either ACC version. That prompted me to go for the 99mph version with sports steering wheel of course for those laps of the nurburgring

That would make sense. If the wheel is available free with the 130mph version, and it sounds like a big if, I'll go for that, otherwise I'll do the same as you and go for the 99mph version with the sports wheel.

I have paddles in the car which is also a Bi-turbo diesel, and on twisty roads it makes for a much nicer drive to be changing down into the corner and accelerating smoothly back out, rather than running into the corner in a very high gear and then waiting for a lumpy change-down on the way out. And it's not a speed thing, it's a much smoother way to drive regardless of speed in my experience.

Thanks all for the help.

Ive checked with VW and insisted that they carefully check ( last time I asked I dont think they did check the 130 ACC and the 99 ACC and this time they confirm with the 130 version the MFSW which ( not the sports one with the DSG paddles ) is a NO COST add on and that the configurator IS CORRECT. I think thgot confused with their own product as the 130 ACC is not in the present price list

Back