Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Squeaky Wipers!

M

Mark Southorn

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,
So I have just returned from a 2 week NC500 trip where the use of my wipers was a daily requirement!!
The snag is that the RH wiper (drivers side) squeaks, judders etc just about all the time when in use - near the top right of the windscreen. When I bought the Cali back in March (2012 T5.1 Berghaus) the wipers made the same noise so I thought they were old so I duly changed them for a fresh set of Bosh blades (from Ebay) of the required length. I have also cleaned the windows/wipers with Autoglym glass to no avail. Exactly the same with new - so I am wondering is there a specific wiper blade that is required or is it the same for all T5.1 owners? Driving me mad so any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Mark

Hi,
So I have just returned from a 2 week NC500 trip where the use of my wipers was a daily requirement!!
The snag is that the RH wiper (drivers side) squeaks, judders etc just about all the time when in use - near the top right of the windscreen. When I bought the Cali back in March (2012 T5.1 Berghaus) the wipers made the same noise so I thought they were old so I duly changed them for a fresh set of Bosh blades (from Ebay) of the required length. I have also cleaned the windows/wipers with Autoglym glass to no avail. Exactly the same with new - so I am wondering is there a specific wiper blade that is required or is it the same for all T5.1 owners? Driving me mad so any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Mark
Never had that problem but I use Rain X Cleaner/Rain repellant.

I had exactly the same problem back in spring this year (another thread covers) and my van was only a year old. I tried many suggestions from forum members, but in the end bought a pair of Bosch Aero 2 blades. They work fine now.

I had exactly the same problem back in spring this year (another thread covers) and my van was only a year old. I tried many suggestions from forum members, but in the end bought a pair of Bosch Aero 2 blades. They work fine now.
Thanks but having done some research the Aero blades will not fit. My current are Bosch Super Plus - the ones sold on here so am at a loss. Will try RainX.

Put some washing up liquid on the blades and a generous squirt in the washer bottle.

RainX windscreen treatment is the way to go and water beads away for clear vision. I found I didn't need to use the wipers so often.

You could still have some dirt/ road tar on the screen. Run your fingers over the screen should be totally smooth. Use some Glaco glass cleaner and then Gardx glass guard. That’s what I did on a van I had. Problem resolved.

Back