Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spilt beer in passenger step well - now leaking from bottom of van

Lalala

Lalala

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
My wonderful other half thought it would be very sensible to put 4 x litre bottle of ale in grolsh type bottle on the passenger seat as he drove home from the brewery yesterday evening. One of those bottles wasn’t properly closed and leaked as he drove home and then he smashed the rest as he took them out of the van

We spent a long time cleaning what we thought was all of it up, however as we moved the van this morning we spotted some beer dripping out of a drainage hole under the passenger side door step . Have we got a pool of beer somewhere that we can’t see and needs clearing out?. It was prob only a small cup of beer draining but wondering if there is more hiding somewhere that we can’t see . We are hoping it’s the beer from the passenger door step leaking through but thought somebody might know where this drainage hole runs from

there wasn’t much beer on the actual carpet - as the over carpets we have soaked up most of it . The seat covers also saved most of the passenger seat but again some did leak throuhh

many thanks in advance

BF9842E5-B181-4507-8575-71BD2AE1AC05.jpeg

6D8B30DC-3CB5-4505-9F8A-FC407522B650.jpeg

There was about 2 cm of beer in the passenger door bottom shelf and the passenger step well was pretty wet too but the carpet on the passenger side looked dry - so I’m hoping it’s just leaked though from the step well somehow ?

Connect a beer tap to it until it's all gone.
On a more serious note it's probably just a bit sloshing about the undertray. Easy to take off or partly remove and clean if you must but I wouldn't bother

My wonderful other half thought it would be very sensible to put 4 x litre bottle of ale in grolsh type bottle on the passenger seat as he drove home from the brewery yesterday evening. One of those bottles wasn’t properly closed and leaked as he drove home and then he smashed the rest as he took them out of the van

We spent a long time cleaning what we thought was all of it up, however as we moved the van this morning we spotted some beer dripping out of a drainage hole under the passenger side door step . Have we got a pool of beer somewhere that we can’t see and needs clearing out?. It was prob only a small cup of beer draining but wondering if there is more hiding somewhere that we can’t see . We are hoping it’s the beer from the passenger door step leaking through but thought somebody might know where this drainage hole runs from

there wasn’t much beer on the actual carpet - as the over carpets we have soaked up most of it . The seat covers also saved most of the passenger seat but again some did leak throuhh

many thanks in advance

View attachment 86867

View attachment 86868
"How to Find a Husband in 20 Ways" https://www.marriage.com/advice/relationship/how-to-find-a-husband/

So probably 24 hours since the incident, how is your husband?
Quite a traumatic thing to happen to him, wasting 4 litres of beer.
Please do give him a cuddle and tell him it is only a van.
Then pop out and get him a crate of ale to get over it.
And promise never to mention it again.

Late to the party - but don't drive the van for a few days until all sober.

For husband - see above posts.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You should have put a tray under the van to catch it ;)

I’m sad to hear however this has tickled me pink...I hope all is well now

Back