Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where is my leisure battery?

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
It looks like your swivel seat, or at least the ground plate is not original.
That is why it is harder to find the aux batterie.

L

Lightning

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
It looks like your swivel seat, or at least the ground plate is not original.
That is why it is harder to find the aux batterie.
Agreed, I have exactly the same after market plates fitted to mine, and I have never seen this battery either.

Ksar-el-kebir

Ksar-el-kebir

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We've found it! We managed to remove the mounded grey plastic piece at the back of the seat base and that gives us access to it (not easy access but better than nothing). Thanks to everyone for the help/suggestions. Now we're off to wrestle with the MFB and mattress!!
Why would you need to access the leisure battery? To charge it you just need to hook up to mains electricity for 24 hours every so often.

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I've taken pics of the front passenger seat in the most forward and backward positions - and I can't see a battery or see how to access the area under the seat .either.View attachment 50959View attachment 50960
I can see a number of fuses but presumably they are for all the seat electrics?
There are fuses for all sorts of things under there not just the seats.

Nolan

Nolan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I added a fused connection ending in an Anderson connector to my leisure battery which is accessible under the front of the passenger seat. Mainly to run my fridge from but I figured I could also use this to attach a trickle charger if I ever needed to and couldn't use the hook up for some reason.

Lots of information here which is where I got the idea from:

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We've found it! We managed to remove the mounded grey plastic piece at the back of the seat base and that gives us access to it (not easy access but better than nothing). Thanks to everyone for the help/suggestions. Now we're off to wrestle with the MFB and mattress!!
It looks like the Dealership has fitted an Aftermarket Swivel base rather than the Original California Seat Swivel. Do you still have height adjustment etc: on the front seats?
The Aftermarket Swivel will have to be unbolted from the Seat Base to get access to the Battery.

On the California Original Swivel seat the Fore/Aft Runners are bolted to the Seat Base. On yours the Runners are bolted to a Swivel Base which is then bolted to the Seat Base. See Pictures in Post 14 & 16.

MGC

MGC

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I forgot to say - it's a 2019 model.

The garage did have to change the front seats because neither of them swivelled so they sent it to a local conversion company to do the work. Now I'm wondering if they removed the battery tom of the work and didn't put it back. I'll search again tomorrow when it isn't pouring with rain and nearly dark. Many thanks for the replies so far - we really appreciate your patience with newbies!
Just wondering if I could ask if you have any more info on the swivel base the garage fitted to your seats. Were they the comfort electric heated/lumbar ones that don't swivel? If so I'm looking to fit the swivels in my T6 Ocean '16 plate. Any info or warnings would be most welcome.

Cheers in advance, Matt

McGoogly

McGoogly

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Just wondering if I could ask if you have any more info on the swivel base the garage fitted to your seats. Were they the comfort electric heated/lumbar ones that don't swivel? If so I'm looking to fit the swivels in my T6 Ocean '16 plate. Any info or warnings would be most welcome.

Cheers in advance, Matt
They are certainly electric/heated seats but I am afraid I don’t know more than that. When we looked at the van they didn’t swivel (we had no idea that VW made California’s with non-swivelling seats - makes no sense in a Campervan in our opinion) so the garage sent them to a local company to convert them. We’ve had no problems with them since.

MGC

MGC

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
They are certainly electric/heated seats but I am afraid I don’t know more than that. When we looked at the van they didn’t swivel (we had no idea that VW made California’s with non-swivelling seats - makes no sense in a Campervan in our opinion) so the garage sent them to a local company to convert them. We’ve had no problems with them since.
Thanks for that @McGoogly
I don't suppose you have the VW dealers (or local fitters) details do you, I may reach out to the local fitters to see if they fancy another job

McGoogly

McGoogly

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Thanks for that @McGoogly
I don't suppose you have the VW dealers (or local fitters) details do you, I may reach out to the local fitters to see if they fancy another job
The van came from Listers VW Van Centre in Coventry and I think the company they sent it to to have the seats altered was the one below. I vaguely remember it having the word ‘sun’ in the name. VW quoted us £600 to change both seats but we negotiated that down to £300 as part of the purchase agreement. Hope that helps.

Reactions: MGC
MGC

MGC

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
The van came from Listers VW Van Centre in Coventry and I think the company they sent it to to have the seats altered was the one below. I vaguely remember it having the word ‘sun’ in the name. VW quoted us £600 to change both seats but we negotiated that down to £300 as part of the purchase agreement. Hope that helps.

Perfect, thanks so much for the speedy response @McGoogly and of course the details

VW California Club