Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry we cannot deliver to you

In have contacted Thomas Königs from the German Cali shop VWCamper.de. He assures that they will deliver to Britain from January 1st 2021. Certain products, like the Calicave, take too long to reach Britain in time before the end of the year.

I've translated his German message:

In consultation with our tax advisor, we have ceased shipping to our English customers, because there is a risk that, firstly, the goods cannot be delivered on time and, secondly, in the event of a warranty / transport damage (unfortunately this often happens in Great Britain), we will face problems that we would not like to do to ourselves.

Be sure that we will deliver again as soon as it is clear whether there will be a regulated or an unregulated Brexit.

Greetings,
Tom.
Little dig at UK couriers there!
I can’t recall ever receiving damaged goods, and I buy a lot online. (First name terms with delivery drivers :) )
If VWCamper.de often suffer from goods damaged in transit, perhaps they should improve on their packaging.

Good afternoon,

During the July holiday in England of this year we decided to get the drawer kit.

I try to get as much as possible from Campervan Bits so I checked and saw that the "VW California T6 Easy Fit Drawer Kit" is out of order. I setup the "email me when back in stock" and contacted Campervan Bits several times. Until now (just checked) the drawer kit is not available.

I had an eye on VWCamper to see when the drawer kit will be available. Last week it was available:
  • Order placed = 12/11/2020 (at 5 pm in the evening)
  • Order delivered = 17/11/2020 (11 am in the morning)
I paid (including tax and shipping) EUR 352.71.

I like our shop, but it's hard to t beat the VWCamper order / shipment process and the price. I assume the same drawer kit would have cost me from Campervan Bits EUR 375.48 (incl. tax and shipping (have I said that I guest the cost of shipping of 15 £, it might be more)).

What I am trying to say is I do understand frustration of UK customers trying to order goods and get declined because of Brexit. Why this is I still don't understand (even with Marchugo's info). But they made the decision to wait until there is more clarity with business transaction between Europe and UK. I am sure that VWCamper calculated that they will lose customers because of this. But in a few weeks we (hopefully) have more clarity.

Happy California,
Eberhard

In have contacted Thomas Königs from the German Cali shop VWCamper.de. He assures that they will deliver to Britain from January 1st 2021. Certain products, like the Calicave, take too long to reach Britain in time before the end of the year.

I've translated his German message:

In consultation with our tax advisor, we have ceased shipping to our English customers, because there is a risk that, firstly, the goods cannot be delivered on time and, secondly, in the event of a warranty / transport damage (unfortunately this often happens in Great Britain), we will face problems that we would not like to do to ourselves.

Be sure that we will deliver again as soon as it is clear whether there will be a regulated or an unregulated Brexit.

Greetings,
Tom.
Well the comments do not add up. I was very pleased to see Eber from Ireland had confirmed how quickly his order had been satisfied, less than 5 days
again I repeat I wanted to spend £500 with VWCamper.de well ahead of a Brexit deadline but because destination was UK refused to supply. So disappointed.

Hip hip horay. Club shop had a set of shelves in and forum member gave me the heads up. Got them bought so happy it’s a GB order. Thank you forum

I recently went onto the ‘squERGO’ website, they supply the plastic spring conversion kits for the roof slats, and was told the same that UK was off the shipping list until after brexit. However due to popular demand they have opened up shipping to the UK again until mid December... so anyone looking into doing the top bed conversation best get on there soon.
Mine have just arrived and only paid for on monday. Didnt get any issues with purchase and uk on delivery list with a cost of 10.00 euros

Well the comments do not add up. I was very pleased to see Eber from Ireland had confirmed how quickly his order had been satisfied, less than 5 days
again I repeat I wanted to spend £500 with VWCamper.de well ahead of a Brexit deadline but because destination was UK refused to supply. So disappointed.
vwcamper.de cancelled our table order and refunded our money after 9 days - their e-mail stated “too many problems sending to UK”. Truly awful. Why did they accept the order (and €42 postage) in the first place?

vwcamper.de cancelled our table order and refunded our money after 9 days - their e-mail stated “too many problems sending to UK”. Truly awful. Why did they accept the order (and €42 postage) in the first place?
Some eu companies have no problem selling into uk. Example being Bikester. Bought a sea to summit camper mattress from them very quick and no problems.

Talking of which, I would like a zip on cover for it. Any ideas anyone. Mind you I would add to the design an extra flap of material to make a hood 6 inches deep to place over the raising back rest at the tailgate. Reason , when lifted up for lazy mornings in bed the mattress can slip down towards the front driving seats. Ps zip has to open from rhs to get to valve.

My guess is that they can't, or don't know how to, configure the system to exclude UK orders. And perhaps they don't want to pay someone to do it, as they may figure out how to support UK deliveries sooner or later. Just my guess

All these Brexit induced roadblocks will be cleared eventually

My guess is that they can't, or don't know how to, configure the system to exclude UK orders. And perhaps they don't want to pay someone to do it, as they may figure out how to support UK deliveries sooner or later. Just my guess

All these Brexit induced roadblocks will be cleared eventually
‘eventually’ , yep another great ‘Brexit bonus’

‘eventually’ , yep another great ‘Brexit bonus’
Or the incompetence of the EU.
My son has no problems sending stuff to the UK from Australia.

Or the incompetence of the EU.
My son has no problems sending stuff to the UK from Australia.
I'm pretty sure there are no problems sending stuff from an EU country to Australia too, and it's not like shipping from the UK to the EU has not been affected. Lets not be so quick to blame "the incompetent EU".

I'm pretty sure there are no problems sending stuff from an EU country to Australia too, and it's not like shipping from the UK to the EU has not been affected. Lets not be so quick to blame "the incompetent EU".
We have had items from other companies in Europe (including Germany) since Brexit, I think it is this particular company that have the issues - really poor. So we won’t look to vwcamper.de again - certainty!

It looks very much like we are going to have to start producing more of our own goods from now on instead of relying on other countries to make it for us.. Since Brexit my international sales into Europe have dropped by 98%. Where I would have 3-4 international sales a week I now have a couple a year. And for me it has become far more time consuming and expensive. And for the customer just the same. We have to accept that the days of cheap imported goods are coming to an end...

A retrograde consequence.
Free trade!

Back