Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry we cannot deliver to you

This Eva

This Eva

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Well it has happened. A great German supplier for all things VW California, who have now replied to my request to sign into their site to place a large order Replied with a big sorry that due to Brexit they are not currently shipping to the Uk.
Our own club shop is out of stock of the 3 extra drawers that go under the sink so if anyone else know a retailer with some stock please drop a reply. A sale is a sale stopping the process now seems pointless and a negative response.

174676C4-D02D-4E52-9F79-220DFFAEA151.png

Ha. You'd think they would want to deliver to the UK whilst there are still open borders and no import duties!

The message implies they want to risk a no-deal outcome and a potentially higher price for you the customer.

Do you think their messaging system has been hijacked by the EU and Michelle Barnier to try and put more pressure on Boris to make a deal?

Maybe someone British could make these so we could buy home made - there's an invite to a competitor. What about all the kitchen fitters and makers in the UK - come on rise up!

Well it has happened. A great German supplier for all things VW California, who have now replied to my request to sign into their site to place a large order Replied with a big sorry that due to Brexit they are not currently shipping to the Uk.
Our own club shop is out of stock of the 3 extra drawers that go under the sink so if anyone else know a retailer with some stock please drop a reply. A sale is a sale stopping the process now seems pointless and a negative response.
I personally don't see what the problem is for them. There would be no additional cost to them as you would be the Importer. So if there are any additional taxes you are the one who would be liable. :headbang:headbang:headbang

Ha. You'd think they would want to deliver to the UK whilst there are still open borders and no import duties!

The message implies they want to risk a no-deal outcome and a potentially higher price for you the customer.

Do you think their messaging system has been hijacked by the EU and Michelle Barnier to try and put more pressure on Boris to make a deal?

Maybe someone British could make these so we could buy home made - there's an invite to a competitor. What about all the kitchen fitters and makers in the UK - come on rise up!
Exactly what I thought!

We all love what we can do with our Vans but at what cost? Most items seem to be an arm and a leg but we continue to buy them. Yes I too would welcome a UK source of well designed products for our vans.

I wonder what Volkswagen might think to this action of shutting the door to us ? it is mid November not the end of December

This German company has been funny for some time now about dealing with the UK I experienced a verbal rebuke by them in 2019 about Brexit which was soon corrected by myself I then received an apology from this company but obviously my business went somewhere else it is a shame because they have some really good stuff but if they wish to go down that road then that is there short sightedness and ignorance.

This German company has been funny for some time now about dealing with the UK I experienced a verbal rebuke by them in 2019 about Brexit which was soon corrected by myself I then received an apology from this company but obviously my business went somewhere else it is a shame because they have some really good stuff but if they wish to go down that road then that is there short sightedness and ignorance.
Thanks for your reply and tale of dissatisfaction. Trouble is we all like good stuff and we Brits have a way of paying for it . Role on 2021

My son works for a bespoke high-end joinery company that has a lot of joiners and I will ask him about sourcing from their many fittings suppliers drawers that may be able to fit - that will be a new challenge for him! He likes a challenge and finding a way to solve a problem. He is currently talking with his friends about building a log or gas-fired hot tub made out of cedarwood....

Unfortunately I have suffered the same B****T excuse in Jan 2019. I got round the problem by buying my items in Germany on my way back from the Factory visit. I also bought some items following the passing of the first B****t deadline without issue. Strange company to deal with.

The drawers and rails are standard California parts; the wall-mounted uprights are custom made. Shouldn't be too hard to have those made in the UK, or even do it yourself!

They are made in the uk the problem the shop are having is the drawers from VW

They are made in the uk the problem the shop are having is the drawers from VW
Hi thanks for the info. There is a customer waiting here once the drawers are made available from VW

I recently went onto the ‘squERGO’ website, they supply the plastic spring conversion kits for the roof slats, and was told the same that UK was off the shipping list until after brexit. However due to popular demand they have opened up shipping to the UK again until mid December... so anyone looking into doing the top bed conversation best get on there soon.

It's probably a combo of the coronavirus and Br*** uncertainties that are making a lot of continental businesses think."naaa" about taking UK orders at the moment.

Having worked (okay many years back!) in a business involving some cross-border selling I can well understand the reluctance. Regardless of who is technically responsible for paying duties etc, in practice any uncertainties/delays/friction getting the product to the customer tend to rebound on the supplier with customer service hassles and the profit on the sale disappears.

Given the relatively small number of Calis in the UK versus on the continent, I assume some short term loss of UK sales isn't going to worry the big German accessories businesses over-much.

I think we just have to roll with it until January (whatever that brings).

Real problem is and has been for some time “We don’t make anything anymore”.... oh wait a minute we do that clever ‘smoke n mirror’ stuff called Financial Services !!!

Real problem is and has been for some time “We don’t make anything anymore”.... oh wait a minute we do that clever ‘smoke n mirror’ stuff called Financial Services !!!

Yeah, and what about the creative industries, and the pharmaceuticals, and the medical equipment, and the... (must watch Life of Brian again this wet afternoon).
:upsidedown

Yeah, and what about the creative industries, and the pharmaceuticals, and the medical equipment, and the... (must watch Life of Brian again this wet afternoon).
:upsidedown
Oh if only that was the bulk , but it is something, unfortunately the bulk ie almost 80% is service sector

View attachment 69205
Madness. I bought one from them (full width x 710mm deep) for Ocean with lounge bed. I’m really impressed by the quality but am sure a U.K. based metal basher could make them just as well. It’s just a couple of sturdy brackets and a tray. The runners and the rail fixings are off the shelf parts.

Or you could build one yourself for a fraction of the cost. Many people do. " It’s just a couple of sturdy brackets and a tray. The runners and the rail fixings are off the shelf parts." That way you spare cost and you're sure it's build in the UK ;-)

Nice lady at my post office told me today that if
i want to send parcels to the Uk in 2021 it won't be
as straightforward as it was, customs forms to fill in
and delivery times could be longer.

Seems like there is a bit of uncertainty of how difficult it will be,
although it will just be the same as sending to a non EU country right now.

You’d better post my Christmas present soon then :)

We have been putting customs dec forms on all our parcels WITHIN the EU for a long time now. Because of the total uncertainty from the Government about what is going to happen and when...We thought better safe than sorry.

Oh if only that was the bulk , but it is something, unfortunately the bulk ie almost 80% is service sector

well, at the moment.

But in 6 weeks time my company moves to Paris. Most of our rivals move to Paris - except one that previously moved to Dublin. And notifications from our clients that their financial sector business is relocating to the EU stack up by the day :(

-edit- just literally received another notification from a big client. Milan this time

Last edited:
In have contacted Thomas Königs from the German Cali shop VWCamper.de. He assures that they will deliver to Britain from January 1st 2021. Certain products, like the Calicave, take too long to reach Britain in time before the end of the year.

I've translated his German message:

In consultation with our tax advisor, we have ceased shipping to our English customers, because there is a risk that, firstly, the goods cannot be delivered on time and, secondly, in the event of a warranty / transport damage (unfortunately this often happens in Great Britain), we will face problems that we would not like to do to ourselves.

Be sure that we will deliver again as soon as it is clear whether there will be a regulated or an unregulated Brexit.

Greetings,
Tom.

Back