Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sometimes I just want to cry!

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Westafalia club joker
SWMBO mentioned in passing that a seagull had dumped on the Polo‘s bonnet (new enough for me to still be snow foaming and towel drying!)……….. but “no problem I’ve washed it off” , “ where did you get the water“? “l used the cloth in the car and some water from a puddle” ….. AAARGH!
Told me not to fuss … it was a clean puddle.

SWMBO mentioned in passing that a seagull had dumped on the Polo‘s bonnet (new enough for me to still be snow foaming and towel drying!)……….. but “no problem I’ve washed it off” , “ where did you get the water“? “l used the cloth in the car and some water from a puddle” ….. AAARGH!
Told me not to fuss … it was a clean puddle.
I read cloth with grinding paste

Get her some bird lime wipes for Christmas :thumb

and a tin hat for yourself

FCC05A9E-AAF1-4F61-B483-6DCD98FEC1B9.png

Watched a supermarket car park car valeting crew, ( pre brexit. Eastern European fellas I guess) , rinse sponges in a puddle and use them to wipe the panels.
Good reason to wash my own vehicles where I know the puddles are clean ..

Watched a supermarket car park car valeting crew, ( pre brexit. Eastern European fellas I guess) , rinse sponges in a puddle and use them to wipe the panels.
Good reason to wash my own vehicles where I know the puddles are clean ..
We have a few hand car washes near us and they are always busy with cars of all ages.
I've been 3 times in 12 years and had 2 bad experiences, yet still they remain busy.
I guess there are a lot of non caring lazy owners out there.

The last time I went was to try and lay the ghost to rest of the first bad experience (scratched roof of VW Golf).
No scratches this time but such a half hearted effort of wheel wash, pre wash, and wash left patches all over that I cleaned when I got home.
Never again.

Most of our car wash places, in the West Midlands: this is my experience visiting, over 10 years of co. cars.
A golf or Audi pulls in with blackout windows.
Every car washer and the boss man ( if he’s there) disappear for 10 minutes.
They all come back out, then the cars take 30 minutes to be washed instead of 5 minutes, a lot of jovial pushing and spraying each other, general horseplay and tomfoolery, then they all stand in a corner sharing some chocolates and crisps.
No idea what was going on.
Suffice to say haven’t used one since the black California collection and the pdi man rubbing my brand new paint work with a bottle of spray and a dirty rag.
Citrus pre wash.
Jet wash. With a new short handled trigger.
autoglym polar blast.
Jet wash.
Wash with mcquers glove and hair brush’s. In two buckets, and polar wash.
Jet wash.
Then polar seal and 5 new microfibre cloths.
After a year, it comes up with no swirls, scratch’s and looks like it left the factory. :Grin

Back