Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So who is into model making?

Does anyone know the internal dimensions in a calafornia, with and with front passenger seat turned around? I want to see if I can get a 3 metre canoe inside.

For those who are just starting out ...
Will you customize it into a real California?
police.car.papercraft.via.papermau.02_zpsiussubrk.jpg

I'm sure I'm not alone in enjoying making things and this Christmas I've done very well with a number of model kits to make.
The 1st was a Steam Punk Kitchen Timer guaranteed to be heard all over the house.
View attachment 71173
Electronically timed which alarms by powering up an air compressor to sound an Air horn.
My next model is the Lego Technic Land Rover Defender. The book of plans runs to 489 pages.
View attachment 71182

There are 2 more models to follow, a scale model Steam Train and another Lego Technic kit, an 8 wheel drive All Terrain remote control vehicle. Happy Days.
So anyone else into this, during Lockdown.
Never mind steam punk and Landrovers, what's happened with the RC Helicopter?

Always wanted to be a model , maybe can one of you guys help me become one , seems you lot are good at this....:D

Never mind steam punk and Landrovers, what's happened with the RC Helicopter?
Grounded at present. Local RC Club has closed it's facility, part of a local Taxiway from a 2nd WW airfield, for the duration. Too dangerous to try in the garden, next to a school and lots of trees. Run the engine up and all the controls still work on a test bed that anchors it down. We'll see.;)

I’ll let you know. Halfway through Stage 2.

@WelshGas WG could you do me a favour is the shaft winged in my picture free to rotate on your build? Left shaft rotates free and turns the wheels, the right hand shaft is solid. I don't want to progress further if I have missed something. Cheers

Attachments

• 4774D4BC-725B-4DB1-9014-212F43E76202_1_201_a.jpg
    4774D4BC-725B-4DB1-9014-212F43E76202_1_201_a.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 82
@WelshGas WG could you do me a favour is the shaft winged in my picture free to rotate on your build? Left shaft rotates free and turns the wheels, the right hand shaft is solid. I don't want to progress further if I have missed something. Cheers
I'll let you know near lunchtime if that's OK. Exercise comes first I'm afraid.

Just added the lava lamp to the Lego camper, which I thought was a nice touch

D034013C-024A-4DCF-AA5B-572CAEF85ABF.jpeg

Last edited:
Both shafts turn freely as long as the drive shafts with couplings are lifted out of the way.

REME version of the FV 432?
My poor old dad would enjoy that were he not now incapacitated. He started his military career at the Duke of Yorks school in Dover when just a boy and went into the REME when he joined the regular Army.

Royal Signals 439, topped with generators, mast and antenna.
I used to work with a guy who was in the Royal Signals. John Fielding from Chorley. Be spooky if you knew him.

Day job modelling..... BIM.

I was going to show a snapshot of a detailed model but became slightly nervous about Clients so removed it.

Computer. I can change it to perspective. Spotted the snapshot but now deleted!

Back