Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding frame for Waeco fridge CDF-26 21L - to use in a Beach?

SteveL

SteveL

Climberman
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I wonder if anyone can help or point me in the right direction? I have one of these fridges which works well and sits on the RHS of the rear of the van under the bench and right next to the power point. I use some sticky material for it to sit on and when travelling bungy it to the bench frame. All good. Trouble is the access to the fridge is obviously from the top and the lid has to be opened upwards so the bench gets in the way - we have to slide it sideways and then open it, balancing it on our knee to access....then slide it back in! Not good. Not been able to store it anywhere else in the van (won't fit between the front seats for e.g.).Ideal solution is a sliding drawer mechanism that the fridge sits in and can pull out as and when needed. I would like to be removable so that the fridge doesn't have to sit in the van all the time.

I can't find anything that will solve this - any ideas? Happy to get someone to fit a bespoke solution - any people in the Bristol area who could do it? Does anyone have one of these fridges and if you use one in a Beach do how do you do it? Any help welcome! Cheers

Back