Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door window replacement

K

Konstantin@NL

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Good day.
We've been unlucky to get break in in Spain. (Don't get even close to Barcelona). Window in the sliding door got broken.
As far as I learned original VW window would be around 600 eur plus installation.
I am currently looking at what options I do have now. So I am hoping for some wisdom from this forum. Does anyone replaced the window? Shall I go for original one or maybe there are some equal or better alternatives?
My concern is mostly that it's privacy double glazed glass so I would love of the colour of a new one is the same.
Thanks in advance.

IMG_20240501_220312.jpg

Good day.
We've been unlucky to get break in in Spain. (Don't get even close to Barcelona). Window in the sliding door got broken.
As far as I learned original VW window would be around 600 eur plus installation.
I am currently looking at what options I do have now. So I am hoping for some wisdom from this forum. Does anyone replaced the window? Shall I go for original one or maybe there are some equal or better alternatives?
My concern is mostly that it's privacy double glazed glass so I would love of the colour of a new one is the same.
Thanks in advance.

View attachment 122844
I'm afraid any window is the weak point. If you want the original colour then it would have to be VW. You could fit a non opening window of the same tint, but any 3rd party window may not match the tint.

I'm afraid any window is the weak point. If you want the original colour then it would have to be VW. You could fit a non opening window of the same tint, but any 3rd party window may not match the tint.
There have been a few reports of crims smashing or pushing in the side windows. Seems to be a developing trend. I'd be tempted to go non opening, if this ever happens to me.

Back