Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coast sliding window options - confused!!

California Dreamer

California Dreamer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi I would appreciate advice on window options for the coast. When ordering from dealer they said the option for an ‘sliding window with fly screen passenger left’ was in fact just the fly screen for the window above the kitchen. However some users on this forum have said they have actually got an additional window! Please can someone with a UK rh drive coast tell me:
1. Am I right in assuming all coasts have sliding window on left passenger side above the kitchen? If so where does the extra ‘sliding window left’ option go?(first option under section 33 in screenshot). I find it hard to believe very would only charge £120 for an extra window given the cost of other options!
2. The 5th option in this list ‘sliding window passenger compartment front right’ it lists as standard, however in the UK this would be where the door is and as I understand it from looking at photos only the ocean has a window in the sliding door??
Clarification much appreciate, cheers!D7B263E0-B823-4C8B-A3B7-54D1D43182AA.png

I have a 6.1 Coast that I ordered without any additional options. It came with:
- a sliding window above the kitchen
- a sliding window in the passenger door
- one fly screen

I was confused by the options too and didn't expect to have both sliding windows.

I have a 6.1 Coast that I ordered without any additional options. It came with:
- a sliding window above the kitchen
- a sliding window in the passenger door
- one fly screen

I was confused by the options too and didn't expect to have both sliding windows.
When we ordered ours the opening window in the sliding door was a £300 plus option, which we didn't add. By the time it was delivered it had become standard. My understanding now is that the £120 is for a second fly screen. Ours was delivered with 2 sliding windows but just the 1 fly screen. (Which we have never used)

Thanks for the info - way more helpful than the dealer! I guess it’s hard for them to keep track of all the options especially if they keep changing. In a Cali chris video from last year on Coast extras he says there is no option for a sliding window in the door … so it’s gone from none to a cost option to a standard fit? Good news for us as we wanted it anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk