Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Showrooms where you can see a Cali, which model and what colour.

We have just seen an Acapulco blue beach, which is what we intend ordering, and a Black ocean at SMG Tonbridge (which has just arrived and is not ready for proper viewing yet but was useful to see the premium dash that is now available on the beach)
They also had a Bilbo's conversion in Grape yellow in the yard that is brand new but needed some work done on it by them.
We were thinking of grape yellow at one time, but having seen it in the flesh it is a strange colour. The sun was in and out and it looks good with the sun on it, but very different when cloudy. One to see before you order.

I notice there is no front vent zip opening in the roof bellows, is this now standard on the T6? If so pity I like the vent in this location.
Saw the Ocean in Silver yesterday. Very nice but not for me.
Car dealership had a car in the indium Grey which I liked and is now definitely my top choice.

Found this You Tube on an Indium Grey Transporter for those who have ordered.

As I'm going for a VW bike rack I shall probably go for the silver awning rail. Interested on anyone's thought who have seen this on the grey. Will probably hold off on sidebars as I can always add later if I think it needs more of a lift. Dealer thought I would be able to specify bellows colour but to be confirmed. Might be a bit risky.

We have just seen an Acapulco blue beach, which is what we intend ordering, and a Black ocean at SMG Tonbridge (which has just arrived and is not ready for proper viewing yet but was useful to see the premium dash that is now available on the beach)
They also had a Bilbo's conversion in Grape yellow in the yard that is brand new but needed some work done on it by them.
We were thinking of grape yellow at one time, but having seen it in the flesh it is a strange colour. The sun was in and out and it looks good with the sun on it, but very different when cloudy. One to see before you order.
I think the yellow is definitely a marmite colour! :)

Saw the Ocean in Silver yesterday. Very nice but not for me.
Car dealership had a car in the indium Grey which I liked and is now definitely my top choice.

Found this You Tube on an Indium Grey Transporter for those who have ordered.

Hi Mike,

I don't suppose you managed to take any pics of the silver Ocean by any chance?
Cheers

Hi Mike,

I don't suppose you managed to take any pics of the silver Ocean by any chance?
Cheers
Sorry but no. I will get some on my next visit if still required. As I said looked nice but my last 3 vehicles have been silver and time for a change.

As I'm going for a VW bike rack I shall probably go for the silver awning rail. Interested on anyone's thought who have seen this on the grey. Will probably hold off on sidebars as I can always add later if I think it needs more of a lift. Dealer thought I would be able to specify bellows colour but to be confirmed. Might be a bit risky.
I know it's a departure from the default black awning on natural grey but we naively ordered a silver awning for our natural grey 4motion T5 as it actually looks very good with the silver bike rack and silver side rails. All ties in but it's not the usual choice. If I had my time again I'd probably have gone for the black awning because of potential resale issues. Also remember if you order the silver awning the rails on both side will be silver too. Ours were black rails as we bought secondhand and an awning hadn't been factory fitted. Hope this helps.

Sorry but no. I will get some on my next visit if still required. As I said looked nice but my last 3 vehicles have been silver and time for a change.

I'd really appreciate that Mike, thanks.
Seen a silver T6 Transporter so far, but not a Cali.

I'm currently on my 6th silver car on the trot & still feeling the love.
They always seem to look reasonably clean, even when they're dirty.
One day I might fancy a change, but not yet. All personal preference of course.

The T5 that we hired was grey. An excellent choice & a good colour for discreet wild camping.

I know it's a departure from the default black awning on natural grey but we naively ordered a silver awning for our natural grey 4motion T5 as it actually looks very good with the silver bike rack and silver side rails. All ties in but it's not the usual choice. If I had my time again I'd probably have gone for the black awning because of potential resale issues. Also remember if you order the silver awning the rails on both side will be silver too. Ours were black rails as we bought secondhand and an awning hadn't been factory fitted. Hope this helps.
Thanks very much. I'm not worried about the resale it's about giving it a lift and not having a conflict with the bike rack. I suppose if I could have the rails to match bodywork colour this would eliminate one of the issues. Have to try and see one.

We test drove the beige example at Llandudno today - in fact our first drive in a Cali. First impressions are very good, its a refined drive. Decision made on the 204PS, and the DSG box - tick. Decision also made on Acapulco blue on another van in the car park - thats a no. Thanks to Ben for being generous with his time and advice today.

I think once you drove it , all the doubts will disapaer like snow to the sun ...
Givin' those key's back afther a testride is hard....:cool:

There's an Indium Grey 204 DSG Ocean on display at the VW Van Centre in Wooburn Green, Bucks. Really liked the colour and along with silver is likely to be one of the only colours to pass the 'will be parked on the road and possibly covered in bird poo' test ;). There seemed to be another T6 Cali outside too but it was getting dark and we didn't enquire about it.

No photos I'm afraid apart from a personal one of our 10month old daughter being stupendously excited in and around it....makes the next few months of deposit saving all the more worth it!

HI Tomatoman65 and everyone Views please... if you were going for Oryx White Pearl and wanted an Awning and Bike rack what colour awning would you go for..... my wife says I'm giving this more thought than I do coordinating my clothes lol.... also I might get black wheels at some point..... (can you get a black bike rack ?)
Thanks
Paul

HI Tomatoman65 and everyone Views please... if you were going for Oryx White Pearl and wanted an Awning and Bike rack what colour awning would you go for..... my wife says I'm giving this more thought than I do coordinating my clothes lol.... also I might get black wheels at some point..... (can you get a black bike rack ?)
Thanks
Paul
I looked into this as I've got a black awning on order...VW don't do a black bike rack. Some people have painted / powder coated theirs and they look good. If you do find one, please let me know

Thanks
Paul
You and me both. Far too much thought. Well on the awnings it seems to be black on anything dark and silver on the lighter colours and the blue. I've changed my mind from this morning and now think black on the indium Grey which is now my choice even with the VW Bike rack.

There's an Indium Grey 204 DSG Ocean on display at the VW Van Centre in Wooburn Green, Bucks. Really liked the colour and along with silver is likely to be one of the only colours to pass the 'will be parked on the road and possibly covered in bird poo' test ;). There seemed to be another T6 Cali outside too but it was getting dark and we didn't enquire about it.

No photos I'm afraid apart from a personal one of our 10month old daughter being stupendously excited in and around it....makes the next few months of deposit saving all the more worth it!
Thanks Lewis looks like I shall be off to Bucks. Need to see the Indium Grey.

Oryx White Pearl 204 DSG Ocean in the Bury St Edmunds Van Centre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
Paul
Hi Paul,

If you're going white pearl I'd definitely be opting for the black awning. The sliver awning is really another shade of metallic white which will clash. Black is a nice contrast. Unfortunately no black bike racks but the aluminium doesn't look too bad IMHO.

You and me both. Far too much thought. Well on the awnings it seems to be black on anything dark and silver on the lighter colours and the blue. I've changed my mind from this morning and now think black on the indium Grey which is now my choice even with the VW Bike rack.
Ahhhh I'm along the lines of Black awning being a good contrast picking up any black trim on the Cali... plus black wheels in the future... hope enough black fittings on bike rack to make it work....

Ahhhh I'm along the lines of Black awning being a good contrast picking up any black trim on the Cali... plus black wheels in the future... hope enough black fittings on bike rack to make it work....
Greenp... You are right about the silver on silver. Black with the black wheels would be good. :)

Back