Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Show us your "Two Tone" California

35d96a39e02eba3a6254f7f877ab771d.jpg

After a good clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's the gray colour in please?

Here is ours parked up with a typical NC500 view. No other traffic. Amazing vistas. The best moment was as we decended a hill and furously waved to an exact twin of our van on the way up. That we were then hit by an @rse in a white whale who decided that the passing points were too complex for a noobz in a hire, damaging our mirror, was less fun. Thankful for our dashcam.

IMG_3393.jpg

Just about to take delivery of an Indium Grey, but love the two tone look. Thinking of having the top wrapped in white. Does anyone have:
a) An indication of costs on a top half wrap
b) Recommendations of wrappers in the South East
c) Any knowledge of impact on insurance. I have read in other threads that some insures won't cover.

Thanks

Just about to take delivery of an Indium Grey, but love the two tone look. Thinking of having the top wrapped in white. Does anyone have:
c) Any knowledge of impact on insurance. I have read in other threads that some insures won't cover.

Thanks
No expert but from reading others:
1 - 1.5K
Google is your friend
I think insurance are not overly happy in general and likely to charge more for any "modification".

No expert but from reading others:
1 - 1.5K
Google is your friend
I think insurance are not overly happy in general and likely to charge more for any "modification".
Thanks. One quote so far at £2200, which I thought was steep. As for insurers, any excuse...

Thanks
I paid 1k for the bottom wrap. And our insurance said they needed to know but no impact as far as I’m aware.

Have you thought about a trip up north for the work? Stuffs generally cheaper up here ;) maybe the saving pays for the BnB

Thanks

Interested in how you get on with this, I think top half in white with those retro disc wheels is a great look, wouldn’t mind doing it myself if the wheels weren’t so damn expensive!

OK so not a California, and not mine anymore (although I did own it on 2 separate occasions....) and also I don't even think it is this colour anymore! But this was my first 2 tone from 97-2003. To think I sold it for £2k....

VW front.jpgVW rear.jpgVW inside.jpg

OK so not a California, and not mine anymore (although I did own it on 2 separate occasions....) and also I don't even think it is this colour anymore! But this was my first 2 tone from 97-2003. To think I sold it for £2k....

View attachment 108573View attachment 108574View attachment 108575
My Dad borrowed one of these in that colour from his boss in about 1982, took us to Denmark in it. Sealed my love of campervans.
How much do you think yours would be worth now?

My Dad borrowed one of these in that colour from his boss in about 1982, took us to Denmark in it. Sealed my love of campervans.
How much do you think yours would be worth now?
I dread to think! Although the price of the T2 and the Karmann Ghia still probably wouldn't come close to the cost of my California

And much as I loved them, they don't half take a lot of looking after!