Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Second in medal table

Andyclockwise

Andyclockwise

VIP Member
As I write this we are still second in the medal table which is trully amazing for such a small country that we are and we are still above China!

Well done to everyone out in Rio, very proud to be British :bananadance

totally agree Andy,

A fabulous performance from a huge reservoir of committed athletes for whom this nation should be proud.

What a confidence booster as we prepare for life "as most of us didn't know it, Jim".

Question is where should the parade be back in the uk.

Been very impressed by the team ethic and an amazing stat I heard yesterday. At that time, of our 18 golds last time that were being competed for again we had retained 13. Probably 14 now with Alistair B winning the triathlon and Nicola Adams still to go in the final.
I love her attitude makes me

Mike

The Belgian 4x100m womans running got the gold medals from 2008 this week afther Russia was disqualyfied later.

Find it not all that good those doping tests.

Why can't they test every sporter before they take part of thiere action.

Those four girls got gold in the end , but it is standing on the highest step on the moment itself that gives the most pleasure for the sporter....8 years later i suppose it don't feel the same

The Belgian 4x100m womans running got the gold medals from 2008 this week afther Russia was disqualyfied later.

Those four girls got gold in the end , but it is standing on the highest step on the moment itself that gives the most pleasure for the sporter....8 years later i suppose it don't feel the same

They do get tested and regularly throughout the season, both off and on, but it takes time to get results and then check the other sample. I believe the testers can turn up at their house at anytime and ask for a sample.

I agree about the standing on the podium hearing your anthem must be an epic feeling, sad to miss that!

No country has increased it's medal haul after hosting the games, I think we are on track for that? BBC coverage has been great too. I've not watched "normal" TV since the start of it all.

Teejay

Good that they finally got them though.
Funny thing with positive tests is that the sport is then tarnished. Cycling being one example. It takes time but cycling is probably now one of the cleanest sports. What I like is that samples can be kept and retested in the future so the cheats may be ahead of the testers but not hopefully forever.

Belgian girls should be flown to Rio at the cost of the nation that cheated and be given golds by their Sports Minister.

Mike

Back