Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SE height restrictions ?

alstevens

alstevens

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Nearly risked taking Herman into a 2.1m restricted car park when I remembered Jon ( in Martin's van in Cornwall ) saying that the SE is 2.2 m ......what's the safe minimum ???

cheers

al

2metre clearance if your brave. 2.1 metres is fine .

2metre clearance if your brave. 2.1 metres is fine .

Yup... i regularly take mine under 2m barriers, although I do have VW lowering springs on which gives another 30mm.
Rgds
M

1995 mm with awning, BUT not roof rails, on standard suspension. I regularly use 2m restricted car parks. Mind you I go slowly and always duck.
Major car parks always err on the side of caution. They don't want a big bill.;)

As above ... but I always duck as well :D

We've just been under a 6'5" - 1.95m this evening. Opened the door and looked out - seemed clear, listened for a scraping noise on the awning :eek: but heard nothing :). No lowering springs fitted.

Our awning takes us over 2m. Total cowards:oops:

You must have a different awning then, not the standard California awning.?

We've just been under a 6'5" - 1.95m this evening. Opened the door and looked out - seemed clear, listened for a scraping noise on the awning :eek: but heard nothing :). No lowering springs fitted.

Presumably you remembered to pump the tyres back up afterwards?? :shocked

Not sure if you mean me, ours is standard, and Jen our tyres were pumped up!

The barrier was marked 6'5", maybe it was higher and the council were covering themselves as per earlier poster's comment.

No. It's standard. Perhaps I should get the tape measure out...

Standard steel wheels , standard awning ...mine mesures just under 2 m...

We regularly when under the 2m bar at the tolls in France last year.

Alan

:thumb French Tolls, 2m bar, no problem.

In Italy last week went into supermarket car park, on way out height restriction of 1.90metres no problem.
Just a point of interest when i bought my cali in 2006 the "standard" awning was the fiamma.
Now completed 120516 miles and still love the van

John

Has anybody used the 2m height restricted tunnel on the Peripherique to the west of Paris On the A 86

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup... i regularly take mine under 2m barriers, although I do have VW lowering springs on which gives another 30mm.

Mark, I have the Lowering springs too and the measurement from floor too the highest point (rear of the awning) was 1.9cm. Like you I had assumed it would be lower then that because of the springs but the difference wasn't 30mm. Think the springs stance the van lower on the front? could be wrong.

Either way a miss is a miss whether is 5mm or 5m we should be fine :)

No way I'm risking a multi-storey car park again, after having to lift up the barrier further by hand to get us out (having been fazed by the sloping low ceilings all around) and having to drive away fast with the car park man running after us shouting... (we hadn't done any damage). Watch out if you've got a VW bike rack on the back, as that can stick up slightly higher.

Y
Has anybody used the 2m height restricted tunnel on the Peripherique to the west of Paris On the A 86

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, it's the most scariest ride I have ever been on. I really did think I was going to hit all those damm signs etc, which hang down from the tunnel, I thought the tunnel was never going to end. We took the tunnel when going to Versailles in October last year... Wow!