Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Updated Information: Looe Meet - Oct 2020

We stayed in Cheddar last night. Rained all night, still raining! Also very windy-40 mph plus. Leaves from trees doing a good job of blocking my roof drains- Grrrrr! Forecast in Looe? BBC forecast looks rather depressing so not looking

Am down in Cornwall and certainly blowing a very wet gale.
Certainly not looking good and doubtful if one could use a poptop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am down in Cornwall and certainly blowing a very wet gale.
Certainly not looking good and doubtful if one could use a poptop

Blimey we've slept up top in worse than this:bananadance2

I dont think pop top will be usable in this wind, glad its only two of us :(

Was planning to put some faces to forums names during this meet, but now unfortunately will not be coming :(. Not sure if the weather will be conducive to meeting people outside anyways ... and may not be the best weather to try and cycle around those steep roads/paths that I have heard stories about :D

Maybe another time. Hope the weather gives some breaks in between for you guys.

A bit thank you to Lulu as always for getting all things together. :thumb

Well done to you brave souls. We stayed a couple of nights in Falmouth but abandoned plans for Looe and ran for home yesterday evening. We'd seen enough wind and rain.
Hope you have some fun. Thanks to Lynne for all her work in preparation.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Just arrived and 5 intrepid Calis here so far. Windy but hopefully it will calm down. Very nice site, well run with lots of space. Looking forward to the weekend.
Im in liskeard housesitting watchimg the treesbend but the sun has just come out and the wind has dropped so good luck to you all, have a great time. Kirk out

We could not make it in the end but will be thinking of you all down there, I see the warning has now been upgraded to amber, at least you have the bar and clubhouse to go to for some refuge. Stay Safe

Not heard anything from the Looe meet or seen any images for 24 hours now, hope they are all OK? :rolleyes:

Has been blowing a hoolie and very wet.

A photo of contrast from Looe! Managed to walk from the site to Polperro and back without getting too wet. Just damp!! You will spot an MB Polo in the background .

08A271FD-7DA5-4622-AA4B-C7E11CB53299.jpeg

Great little site! Very COVID aware thanks to the constant attentions of the site manager Stephen. The only downside was the weather. Gave up waiting for the BBC to be wrong so set of at about 15:30.......5 hrs latter home but endured horrid road conditions until Exeter. Until the next time.........Rik & Terri.