Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof difficult to close, shows as open and keeps plinking

DavidofHook

DavidofHook

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Please ignore my thread on how to find the roof fuse.

We have a 2012 TDi.

The roof will go up ok but will only close In short steps stopping each time. It is now down but the the control panel shows it as up.
From the out side it seems to be fully down, possibly a millimetre up but not really noticeable.

The fuse layout under the passenger seat differ from the book with no obvious number 17 for the roof but I have checked all 3 30amp fuses which are ok.

I’ve gone through T5 roof problems but cannot see anything compared to my experience.

I need help has anyone any idea what it can be ?

cheers

Please ignore my thread on how to find the roof fuse.

We have a 2012 TDi.

The roof will go up ok but will only close In short steps stopping each time. It is now down but the the control panel shows it as up.
From the out side it seems to be fully down, possibly a millimetre up but not really noticeable.

The fuse layout under the passenger seat differ from the book with no obvious number 17 for the roof but I have checked all 3 30amp fuses which are ok.

I’ve gone through T5 roof problems but cannot see anything compared to my experience.

I need help has anyone any idea what it can be ?

cheers
HVe you checked the Control Panel VW Diagnostic menu?

1. Hold down the centre of the rotary button together with the menu button (button below with the squares on it)
2. You will get the hidden menu.
3. Rotate the rotary button to get to "VW diagnose" and select this by pressing on the centre of the rotary button.
4. If no errors are present it will display "no errors"
5. If Errors are present then a list of errors will appear
6. Press the centre of the rotary button again to delete all the errors

1. Hold down the centre of the rotary button together with the menu button (button below with the squares on it)
2. You will get the hidden menu.
3. Rotate the rotary button to get to "VW diagnose" and select this by pressing on the centre of the rotary button.
4. If no errors are present it will display "no errors"
5. If Errors are present then a list of errors will appear
6. Press the centre of the rotary button again to delete all the errors
Thank you, done some research and checked the control panel which shows the roof is up when it is actually down. I suspect its the sensors & it will be going it shortly to deal with the problem

Back