Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

elevating roof - which fuse?

S

screwy

My roof has failed and I want to eliminate the fuse as the problem before taking to a dealer.

Does anyone know which fuse is for the roof pump? (58 plate).

The manual says it is a 30a green fuse but the fuse locations it gives are all wrong.

We were putting the roof down when it just stopped about halfway. Has to lower it manually.

I'm guessing it's either the fuse or the pump has failed. There were no funny sounds or anything and it has always worked fine prior to this so I'm hoping it's the fuse, but I've checked all the 30a fuses I can find and they all look OK. This includes the engine compartment, centre console and under the passenger seat.

Any help?

My manual says 30amp fuse 17 under passenger seat. But like you say they change fuse layouts
From year to year. Good luck in getting it sorted :thumb

On my 09 Plate it's the 30A under the passenger seat as mentioned.

Easiest way to access is to turn the seat sideways (back facing the door) and then slide the base fully back.

Gives you just enough room for a hand and a pair of snipe nosed pliers.

Rgds
M

Thanks for the tip on rotating the seat - never thought of that.

My manual said the fuse should be in position 19 but that is not a 30A fuse in my van - hence my original question. Position 17 though does contain a 30A fuse - I've checked that and all the other 30A fuses and they all look good.

So it looks like a trip to the dealer.

How I wish the pop-up roof was manually operated rather than electric/hydraulic.

Anyone know how the manual roof in the Beach works? Would it be possible to convert a standard hydraulic roof to a manual "Beach" roof?