Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Road Tax

Beach road tax.
previous 19 reg Cali Beach £500.00
New Cali Beach with stow away hob £295.00. Result or what.
Comes under a different tax category camper to motor home. No arguments from me.
Hey. Just raced my beach tour £575. Interested to know what they classed your as?

Hi C.
My beach has a foldaway hob which classes it as a motor home hence cheaper road tax.
If I’m correct yours has 2 sliding doors therefore Campervan.

Sorry to deflate the party but your 2019 was probably suffering from the over £40k diesel luxury car first 5 years at an inflated rate. After 5 it drops. To significantly less than £295.

Yes, for the T6 Beach or T6.1 Beach Tour it is £570 per year and then it drops to £180 after 5 years from the second time it is taxed.
For example, our 2020 Beach was purchased from dealer when it was a few months old, so in 2025 it will drop. If owned from new a 2019 Beach will also drop in 2025.

Present 2022 beach beats the £40k ruling because of fold away kitchen.
Tax £295. Expect it to drop after 5 years.

Present 2022 beach beats the £40k ruling because of fold away kitchen.
Tax £295. Expect it to drop after 5 years.
The amount of tax you pay for a 2022 Beach Camper with pullout stove is unlikely to ever drop as there is no five year rule for that model. The only way it will drop is if the government decide to reduce the tax payable for campervans. I think we all know that the likelihood is very low of that happening;)

Back