Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retrofit wind out awning installation to Grand 600

S

stevesilverGC

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Does anyone have any experience with fitting a thule or similar wind out awning to a Grand California 600, Ours was supplied without one and I would like to have one installed. I was wondering if the installation would involve removal of any internal fitments such as lockers, top bed etc. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

I'd be interested in the answer to this as well. We just got our Grand Cali (ex-demo) with no awning.

On our Ocean it connects to the awning slot, but there isn't one on the GC, so suspect it bolts through to somewhere.

Cheers,
Andy

We were advised that a factory fit awning was exactly that, as significant internal bracing was required during the build, inside the fibre glass top, so much, in fact, that it took the vehicle above the 3.5t limit. We up-plated our 600 (currently on order) to 3.8t as we wanted one, but that will have licence implications for some drivers. I assume, therefore, that an aftermarket awning will present a challenge .......... I'll be interested to hear how you get on

We were advised that a factory fit awning was exactly that, as significant internal bracing was required during the build, inside the fibre glass top, so much, in fact, that it took the vehicle above the 3.5t limit. We up-plated our 600 (currently on order) to 3.8t as we wanted one, but that will have licence implications for some drivers. I assume, therefore, that an aftermarket awning will present a challenge .......... I'll be interested to hear how you get on
No they bond it on the out side mine is being donee by Vw at a cost£1200 fully fitted GC 680

I got mine from breeze Vw commercial Southampton 4 weeks ago they have checked it out and that’s how they fit them just waiting for the Thule awning to turn up may be July if not t think September cos of holidays in Europe I keep you posted

I got mine from breeze Vw commercial Southampton 4 weeks ago they have checked it out and that’s how they fit them just waiting for the Thule awning to turn up may be July if not t think September cos of holidays in Europe I keep you posted
Hi Did you get the awning fitted

Back