Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alarm. Easy to retrofit in a Cali Beach?

Suomi man

Suomi man

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Hello everyone!

I´m in the process of hunting down a Cali Beach and have found some possible candidates. None of them has an alarm installed though, which has me hesitating. Can I retrofit one easily or is it a no go? Would a dealer do it or would it be a case for a third party installation?

Sorry if the question is somewhat stupid, I truly have no clue. Any help is very much appreciated :) Thanks a ton!!

Cheers

Ivan

Mine came only with the start breaker , so no interieur alarm , can't realy see what i'm missing ....nobody even looks strange when a alarm goes off ....
And with my dog inside i should leave it off most of the time eighterway

Probaly can be retrofit but at what price?

Hello everyone!

I´m in the process of hunting down a Cali Beach and have found some possible candidates. None of them has an alarm installed though, which has me hesitating. Can I retrofit one easily or is it a no go? Would a dealer do it or would it be a case for a third party installation?

Sorry if the question is somewhat stupid, I truly have no clue. Any help is very much appreciated :) Thanks a ton!!

Cheers

Ivan
Is that an older model? Mine is a 2012 and came with an alarm and immobiliser.

Just checked a 2013 brochure and it lists for the Beach 'Thatcham Category 1 alarm and immobiliser with tow-away protection.'

I had a Golf Mk V with just an immobiliser for 10 years and it wasn't a problem. You still get the little red flashing diode on the door key press. All the alarm tells you someone has broken in, not really a deterrent. Just gives them less time before someone responds - if they do.

The main thing is not to leave anything attractive on display and visible.

Andy

Mine is a SE 2012 bought was a showroommodel and has just a starter breaker ( imobiliser) , interieur alarm is an option i guess.

Mine is a SE 2012 bought was a showroommodel and has just a starter breaker ( imobiliser) , interieur alarm is an option i guess.
I know mine works. I spent yesterday afternoon/evening at the 'Cake Tin' watching awesome NZ cricket performance. Got home and wife complained alarm had gone off a couple of times and went off again. Noticed a moth and a few flies inside, quick spray of Raid and all fixed.

Check the brochure and config, my 2012 Beach definitely has an alarm.

Thanks for the comments. It´s true that an alarm is not exactly a deterrent these days, but still it would give me some peace of mind. Not that the lack thereof would be a deal breaker anyway.

It´s a new model, I´ve been checking some stock Beaches here and there and none seems to be equipped with an alarm. But shouldn´t be too difficult to retrofit I would say… I´ll keep looking. Wish me luck :rolleyes:

Back