replacing window blind

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
has anyone changed the window blind above the hob? how does the top trim come off ?
or has anyone had one renewed by a dealer maybe under warranty ?
mine has disappeared into the roof as i was fixing the side window,doh. but i miss the blind.
oh i am an expert now in getting that side window out.

I haven't replaced it, but I use a Brandrup isolite window cover on both of the 'middle' windows. Useful on the sliding door as it stays on the door when you open it in the middle of the night. I tend to use on the kitchen side mainly as a preventative measure as I was worried about the fitted blind failing - ours is fraying around the edges. If you buy the 'isolite extreme' version they are cloth backed rather than tin foil, so match the van.

has anyone changed the window blind above the hob? how does the top trim come off ?
or has anyone had one renewed by a dealer maybe under warranty ?
mine has disappeared into the roof as i was fixing the side window,doh. but i miss the blind.
oh i am an expert now in getting that side window out.
We had ours fixed under waranty

thanks. did they fix it or replace it, i have no idea how to get the thing out. mine has retracted up into the roof while i had the long handle off to get the leaky side window out. i would like to fix it or renew it.

thanks. did they fix it or replace it, i have no idea how to get the thing out. mine has retracted up into the roof while i had the long handle off to get the leaky side window out. i would like to fix it or renew it.
Its been a while but I'm pretty sure they took it apart and fixed it - has always been good since then, it was in the original manufacturers warantee (not sure if the extended ones cover internals)

Its been a while but I'm pretty sure they took it apart and fixed it - has always been good since then, it was in the original manufacturers warantee (not sure if the extended ones cover internals)
So they must be able to remove that top trim where the lights are. It goes from a pillar and through the wardrobe which concerned me.

So they must be able to remove that top trim where the lights are. It goes from a pillar and through the wardrobe which concerned me.
Mine is currently in with the dealer, one of the items is the kitchen blind replacement under warranty. I’m told it’s a big job as the trim panel it fits into isn’t easily removed. Flexi-board out, sliding bench seat out, airline top locker out, fridge out, gas hob/sink out and then the complete kitchen/wardrobe unit out to get to the panel clips to remove the trim.

And then reassemble all the above. Plus I’m expecting new gas and electrical certification from a qualified professional as it’s still basically a brand new vehicle.

Mine is currently in with the dealer, one of the items is the kitchen blind replacement under warranty. I’m told it’s a big job as the trim panel it fits into isn’t easily removed. Flexi-board out, sliding bench seat out, airline top locker out, fridge out, gas hob/sink out and then the complete kitchen/wardrobe unit out to get to the panel clips to remove the trim.

And then reassemble all the above. Plus I’m expecting new gas and electrical certification from a qualified professional as it’s still basically a brand new vehicle.
Groan. That's not what I wanted to hear. This is what it looks like on ebay. Looks like the runners etc are all as one

Screenshot_20240515_185230_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
This might help. Use “ Google” link below and select vehicle year.

Can you not remove the window and pull down the blind from behind, secure it and then replace window?
Doing it from the front will probably require some serious dismantling.

This might help. Use “ Google” link below and select vehicle year.

Can you not remove the window and pull down the blind from behind, secure it and then replace window?
Doing it from the front will probably require some serious dismantling.
I can get the window out no bother. But I let the blind go and it span up into the ceiling. Stupid mistake as I had removed the handle. I now need to try retrieve the blind by removing that top trim. Reading about that warranty job I suspect I won't be able to fix it. It is up above the window and looks like serious dismantle needed. I also suspect its gone inside a casing and won't be retrievable

Last edited:
I can get the window out no bother. But I let the blind go and it span up into the ceiling. Stupid mistake as I had removed the handle. I now need to try retrieve the blind by removing that top trim. Reading about that warranty job I suspect I won't be able to fix it. It is up above the window and looks like serious dismantle needed. I also suspect its gone inside a casing and won't be retrievable
I see. I thought once the window was removed you might have been able to tease it down far enough.
That parts list shows the upper trim as a separate part so probably held on by push fit trim clips ..
Have you tried easing out the centre light to see what’s behind. That is a push fit.

I see. I thought once the window was removed you might have been able to tease it down far enough.
That parts list shows the upper trim as a separate part so probably held on by push fit trim clips ..
Have you tried easing out the centre light to see what’s behind. That is a push fit.
I going to have to have a Tease of it with the trim tools. I reckon if I can release the long bit betwixt the wardrobe and b pillar it will hang low enough to get my hands In There.the blind definitely goes above the window

I going to have. Tease of it with the trim tools. I reckon if I can release the long bit betwixt the wardrobe and b pillar it will hang low enough to get my hands In There.
You’ll have to remove the C trim and possibly the upper B trim panel.

How's the c trim held? Assuming push clips
Parts 18,40,41 and 45.

versa.
871867700.png

Here's how to get the side window out. I bought a new seal but couldn't get it to fit. I have threaded some o ring chord through the old seal and re fitted it. Also replaced the broken lock shoot bolt which hopefully pulls it in tighter. As you all know you need to remove the blind handle from its runners. You could tape it up . Do not slide the handle off the blind material like I did. If you let it go that blind is gone forever. I found protecting the trim with a few bits of duck tape minimises any scrapes. Of this cures my leaks I am leaving it closed up. I'm not 100 percent it won't still leak

20240516_121843.jpg

20240516_122009.jpg

20240516_122013.jpg

20240516_122027.jpg

20240516_130943.jpg

20240516_131005.jpg

20240516_131222.jpg

Well amazingly I managed to retrieve the blind, but it's knackered. It won't retract as the spring in the casing has unwound itself. Not sure where to go from here other than down the pub

20240516_150158.jpg

I need to get part 35 off without taking the kitchen out. The runners for the blind are riveted in
So you’ve got the blind material out, but the handle has been removed? And it’s the handle that runs in the runners.

I don’t know what to suggest.

I need to get part 35 off without taking the kitchen out. The runners for the blind are riveted in
See Post 10

So you’ve got the blind material out, but the handle has been removed? And it’s the handle that runs in the runners.

I don’t know what to suggest.
There is some sort of spring tension in the blind casing that retracts it. I thought it was done in the runners too but it isn't ,hence the mistake. I took the handle off,it just slides off the material. Then the material twanged up into the roof. It's obviously released the spring tension now. I managed to grab it with some long nose pliers through the open window. I was elated when i got hold of it but that was short lived. I'm wondering if I drill the rivets out I can pull the casing out through the gap in the roof . Looks like quite a thin roll

There is some sort of spring tension in the blind casing that retracts it. I thought it was done in the runners too but it isn't ,hence the mistake. I took the handle off,it just slides off the material. Then the material twanged up into the roof. It's obviously released the spring tension now. I managed to grab it with some long nose pliers through the open window. I was elated when i got hold of it but that was short lived. I'm wondering if I drill the rivets out I can pull the casing out through the gap in the roof . Looks like quite a thin roll
Can you not replace the handle and by bending it or at an angle connect it back onto the vertical runners. I presume it clips on?

If its like the boot blind, blind comes in one piece and is riveted to a removable trim. So would need to drill rivets out, fit new blind, rivet back into place.

(but I have not done a side one, so could be different)

Can you not replace the handle and by bending it or at an angle connect it back onto the vertical runners. I presume it clips on?
I got the handle back on. No problem. Its not the runners that take the blinds back up. It's a spring in the casing. I shove mine up now and it doesn't retract

Back