Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacing bendy light with a 12v socket

CaliforniaDAN

CaliforniaDAN

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,

I am thinking of replacing the bendy light with a 12v socket on my 2010 facelift California.
I would prefer the socket to match the other sockets in the van, ie the ones by the sink or the sliding door.

Does anyone know the VW part numbers of these sockets and if so would they fit?

If anyone has any other alternative replacements, could you let me know with a link to the relavent websites.

Many thanks

Hi Callikev,

Thanks for your reply and the link. I take the screw holes don't match the ones for the bendy light, but cover them up leaving a tidy finish?

I noticed from a previous thread you had a socket with a blue light showing, I take it that it was a double adapter fitted to the above socket?

I did notice that this socket looks just about the same as the one fitted to the kitchen unit, but would leave the screw holes showing.

http://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/cigar...-12-volts-24-volts-20-amps-panel-mounted.html

I am a numpty with anything to do with electrics generally so any advice is appreciated

Yes you are right the 1 I linked to covers the exsisting holes the one you linked 2
Will not fit there because it tightens from behind and there is no access.
Hope this helps.

Hi thanks again for the reply looks like I will get the socket you mention and replace it with another task i.e. replacing the dashboard tray with the 12v socket version! I am definitely getting a auto electrician in for that one!
:thanks

Hi thanks again for the reply looks like I will get the socket you mention and replace it with another task i.e. replacing the dashboard tray with the 12v socket version! I am definitely getting a auto electrician in for that one!
:thanks
When you do the dashboard socket don't throw the old tray and mat away. Sold mine on eBay for £10.00.

When you do the dashboard socket don't throw the old tray and mat away. Sold mine on eBay for £10.00.

Great tip vmaxkiddy, i shall take extra care when I do the job!

Back