Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12V to USB

RosscoPCole74

RosscoPCole74

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Is there a way of taking out the 12V sockets in the Cali and replacing them with USB sockets? Was thinking about the ones in the boot and pop top. Would be easier to charge phones etc. Or is there a 12V USB adaptor that fits in the 12V socket and still have the flap down when not in use?

I think the 12v USB adaptors all use a little bit of power when plugged in, this would slowly drain your batteries. The electronics in them are generally very poor and I have had a few that blow fuses randomly, personally I wouldn’t trust leaving them plugged in. I have found an Anker one that is reliable.

Is there a way of taking out the 12V sockets in the Cali and replacing them with USB sockets? Was thinking about the ones in the boot and pop top. Would be easier to charge phones etc. Or is there a 12V USB adaptor that fits in the 12V socket and still have the flap down when not in use?

Yes there is.
There are a few threads already about this. Have a look on the forum.

I think the 12v USB adaptors all use a little bit of power when plugged in, this would slowly drain your batteries. The electronics in them are generally very poor and I have had a few that blow fuses randomly, personally I wouldn’t trust leaving them plugged in. I have found an Anker one that is reliable.
Thanks, our Cali is our family car and we have solar fitted. Will look at Anker.

Yes there is.
There are a few threads already about this. Have a look on the forum.
I've had a look with search, but only lots about the kitchen sockets. Can't find anything on replacing the boot and pop top ones.

Back