Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement Gas bottle in Spain

S

scrvan

VIP Member
Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase a Butane equiv. if I run out in Spain?

Many thanks
I can confirm that Campingaz is fairly easy to obtain in Spain. If you are of the tourist areas or out of season you can find them in a Ferretaria (Ironmongers / building suppliers type of place as well as chandlers for boat stuff) I did an exchange last year and I think it was all of €18 (no rip off Britain prices there) :thumb

Despite I'm Spanish, because my Cali is a Beach, never needed a gas cilinders, so never researched, but I've seen friends of mine get then from some gas stations. Repsol used to distribute domestic butano (butane) so I guess they have (I've seen those bottles in gas stations). You can also get propane for easy if you are expecting low temperatures.

At ferreterías (hardware stores) you can get Campingaz products. Probably easy to find then in big supermarkets.

You can get 907 Gaz bottles at most camp sites, we use these for our bbq and replaced ours last week at Marjal, Costa Blanca. I have a feeling I've seen them in petrol stations too but I'll have a look next time I'm out and about.

Back