Rejoining the fold

rich-s

rich-s

East Fleet Farm Touring Park - Weymouth
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,
We sold our Cali about 3 years ago, in favour of a larger Westfalia van conversion. To cut a long story short, we are now toying with the idea of getting another Cali. Whilst I know that Cali's always attract a premium price, I would be interested in whether you guys think that the prices are artificially high at the moment due to the whole covid thing?? We are not in a rush to buy.
Looking forward to getting back into Cali life.

Hi,
We sold our Cali about 3 years ago, in favour of a larger Westfalia van conversion. To cut a long story short, we are now toying with the idea of getting another Cali. Whilst I know that Cali's always attract a premium price, I would be interested in whether you guys think that the prices are artificially high at the moment due to the whole covid thing?? We are not in a rush to buy.
I have seen many posts over the last few weeks of potential buyers commenting on how inflated prices seem to be and owners suggesting their Campervan is worth as much today as they spent on it two years ago. If you are selling your Westfalia and buying a California, you might not be overly affected by the market. A wise man might suggest selling yours now and buying a California in January when prices are likely to be lower.

Hi Rich

I think demand was higher than availability through the summer which drove up prices and it will be interesting to see how many spare of the moment purchases will come to market in the winter, also there is the T7 launch to consider and the economic climate over the next 12 months which may also affect prices.

if your in no rush I would watch and wait.

I have seen many posts over the last few weeks of potential buyers commenting on how inflated prices seem to be and owners suggesting their Campervan is worth as much today as they spent on it two years ago. If you are selling your Westfalia and buying a California, you might not be overly affected by the market. A wise man might suggest selling yours now and buying a California in January when prices are likely to be lower.
Thanks,
Sold the Westfalia last year. Basically now in the position where our kids are both old enough to be insured on a Cali, and we are thinking of a family share. Probably wise words to wait a couple of months though.

Hi,
Yes.
if you haven’t, but can, I would consider selling now and buying in 2021.