Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear seat comfort?

A

Anonymous

Guest User
Hi folks. I have tried to see if this has been asked & answered already, but apologies if I have missed it.
We are a family of three, with the Lad being 14 and already 5'8".

We are thinking off being able to do some touring distances around Europe before he gets old enough to want to come with us and / or want to take the wagon (when we get it) off by himself. This will also include some trips to the Alps.

So...how comfortable is the bench seat as a seat? Looking at potentially leaps of up to 8 hours travelling on a day.

Thanks.

Hi Luke,

We did the same journey last year with our tall 10 year old, she tells me comfort was not a problem it is just the boredom factor sitting in the back for sometimes up to 5 hours at a time! A portable DVD player or iPad is a must have for the journey.

Agreed not that I have much experience of sitting in the back. my old t5 conversion had a rock n roll bed
That was very uncomfortable to sit on even for short journeys. My teenage daughters say its just like the car in the back
Also being a Cali several tea stops help on very long trips.

You can tilt the seat back to give you alternate positions. Pretty good sitting there, loads of legroom in ours. Our 2 daughters compared it to being in the back of a limo.

Thanks Folks.
The Lad tends to slump and relax as much as he can, but the legroom in teh back of the BMW 5 is limited for him now. We are well versed with DVDs and laptops now.

Skywalker said:
Thanks Folks.
The Lad tends to slump and relax as much as he can, but the legroom in teh back of the BMW 5 is limited for him now. We are well versed with DVDs and laptops now.

You should try a 3 series! Ours (a Touring) is definitely tight in the back, especially with kiddie seats squeezed in!

You should try my MX5 - thank god for no kids...

Had an MX5 as a previoue motor from 2007 to 2010. What a corking little sportscar. Loved it to bits. Missus hated it after she was rear ended by a lorry whilst driving it and she thought that her time was up.

Back