Rear Headrests Height Adjusters

• Thread starter leightonjthomas
  • Start date
leightonjthomas

leightonjthomas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
The plastic buttons that push in at the side of the headrests have been damaged and keep falling out. One of the little lugs that hold them in place has snapped. VW say that the complete headrests need replacing which comes to just under £300 for the pair!!! There is no part number on the button but, even by VW standards, this seems a ridiculously expensive solution to what appears to be a simple problem.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Leighton

The plastic buttons that push in at the side of the headrests have been damaged and keep falling out.
Glue them in. I used a little bit of hot melt glue from a glue gun around the outer 'barrel' of the button to secure mine.

No - it looks like a different type. Mine is a May 2015 model if that makes any difference. The buttons fit horizontally into the headrest and are just under 4cm in diameter and length. Not sure how they got damaged but as it's had a retrim and a bit of warranty work it's impossible to pin it down. I'll probably do as Tactical suggests and glue them. Thanks for trying.