Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

privacy windows .Blackberry

B

bounty40

I have just ordered a new Blackberry cali - without privacy windows - I was going to get it done when I get it, just so it is darker then VW make it - not limo black but would just like it darker - But now I thinking if I have made a mistake not to have factory is there any benefits ?

You are better off ordering the factory tints and then applying a further tint. If you put a tint on normal glass you get the whitish line around the edge - You don't see this is you put film on a factory tinted window :thumb

We have factory privacy on ours and it is fine, people cant see in unless we have all the lights on inside. Also factory privacy is good for resale :thumb

I agree the factory tint is a great compromise - not too dark inside but really does make the van quite private.

i have a full window kombi with privacy glass, i added an additional midnight tint to the inside. it works out perfect... dark enough not to be a goldfish, but still lets in good light..
plus the bonus is with a hairdryer the midnight tint could be removed later down the line..
as someone mentions if you have a factor privacy this is actually dyed glass... the additional tints are a film..
one word of caution... some things like nail varnish remover or some bug sprays if get on the aftermarket tints will melt the plastic film..

in our volvo xc60 we have midnight tint straight on to clear glass and this works just as well too so don't panic..

andy

Back