Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blackberry metallic or not ?

My two pennorth...
There was a gorgeous Blackberry Cali in our local showroom when we went to look around and then order. But I said I wanted a lighter colour than our current dark grey car - it shows up minor scratches like anything. We were going to compromise on Mohave beige, then decided that this was too "road coloured". Finally decided on Candy White (probably spending the saving on metallic paint on a coating/treatment to make it easier to wash).

It seems to me that there are two sides to the coin here - the colour that makes your heart sing when the sun shines on your lovely Cali (in whatever state of unwashedness) versus what our current car dealer describes as "personal choice" as in "oooh that car colour's a personal choice", which is dealer code for "Eeek, I'll never shift that when they trade it in in x years".

Ask yourself which matters more to you and you should have your answer? Whatever colour you decide on, the Cali will be FAB:)

Cheers, Wind Witch

Just go with the colour that takes your fancy. These days a wrap is easy to do so a colour change is not the hassle it once was when it it comes to resale time.

We ordered our van back in March , blackburry it was right from the start. No regrets . Was a personal choice, and we love it ! And yes it does get dirty , it's a camper lol :thumb Might be something to do with all the rain.

We ordered our van back in March , blackburry it was right from the start. No regrets . Was a personal choice, and we love it ! And yes it does get dirty , it's a camper lol :thumb Might be something to do with all the rain.
Great to see another happy Blackberry, definitely better than "Underpants White" I think it was called the other day :happy

definitely better than "Underpants White" I think it was called the other day :happy

My "underpants" are not white but my van is. Personal choice in both my pants and my van happy with both.
Personal choice in both pants and van is I would not be seen in Blackberry Metallic pants or van unless on loan.

Hi

Blackberry beach owner here... ☺

It's 3 year's old in January yes it does show scratches but any colour other than white will.

Get a touch up pen... Blackberry colour is awesome looks sooooooo sweet... Ours is the daily drive and just wash ours once a month as has been said go with your gut...

We had to buy new once my wife had seen a T5 in Blackberry as that's all she wanted and wouldn't want any other colour...

Shaun Blackberry and very happy

I feel I'm missing out here ... I'm colour blind and Blackberry looks almost identical to Deep Black to me!

If I was choosing I would have picked Grape Yellow but I felt it was only sensible to let my non-colourblind wife choose so we've got Deep Black :)

????

Any advice/comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
Just ordered a Blackberry coloured Ocean 204ps DSG 4 Motion and being old enough to remember Aubergine Cortina 1600E's which were in then fairly quickly out of fashion I too was a bit worried. I decided on the mechanical spec & my Wife 'decided' which colour. Having seen a few vans & a Beach in this colour I do like it & didn't want black. I also didn't want it to look like a 'converted' Transporter. The colour only comes to life in sunshine as does the black metalic.
If you can't decide then flip a coin and if you feel disappointed with the result go with the other side of the coin.
Your money your choice at the end of the day.

Blackberry would actually be my nr1 choice and can't be any harder to keep clean than our current Deep Black.

We have a T6 In blackberry with the black interior and it looks amazing. Yes it shows the mud and the dirt but it shows we get out and use it. The California is for us about getting out and having fun not sitting on the driveway all shiny.

Don't worry about the resell, we had a white(faded) T4 and someone bought that for almost the same price we paid 3 years on so there is a buyer for everyone. Dealers are always after a quick sale and the less work they can do the better. When we picked our T6 up the dealer was displaying it in the showroom all roped off and there were loads of people wanting to have a closer look so doesn't sound like it will be that hard to sell.

Welcome with your first post but it was the OP that wanted advice/suggestions to help with his decision making regarding colour choice. I was just reminding someone who appeared to have missed that request. I'm very happy with my blue Cali for now.

Just for the record, I would not wear Toffee Brown, Blackberry or Dark wood underpants.

I thank you !

I can not guide you in the Blackberry. But it sounds nice, though I never saw it in real life. But If you decide to change, my experience might be useful after all.

From VW we only tried Grey (Caddy), Silver (Touran), White (T5.1 California), Black (VW UP) and Indium Grey (T6 California) … The black, and white is by far the most troublesome to keep clean. The Silver is most troublesome to get to look dirty. It really takes a lot dirt still not loosing its elegance. The grey (not metallic) is special. I like it, but you only get it on Transporter now - it is also very durable to dirt.

Now we got a ex-demo in Indium grey and we really love the color. Its not getting dirty to fast, hiding small scratches quite well and the look is awesome elegant – we think at least ;-)

PS: My friend bought the Mojave Beige, and its quite nice to. It really plays with the surrounding colors, changing the way the it looks … never quite the same color. I like that too.

IMG_3867.JPG

Just for the record, I would not wear Toffee Brown, Blackberry or Dark wood underpants.

I thank you !
Just for the record I would wear those colour underpants but I have a Blackberry beach... ☺

Shaun Blackberry and Proud

Would not touch Blackberry with yours, sorry!

Surely the question for anyone who likes touring and does not want to spend valuable 'having fun' time cleaning the van Is not 'does it show the dirt' but rather 'does it look better dirty?'
I had a Land Rover for years which improved the dirtier it got. Perfect.
Looks like I should have gone for Blackberry.

Alternative answer to question: Blackberry Metalic.

Don't change your order; you'll regret it. Have the courage of your convictions and go with your first choice. It matters not one iota whether anyone else likes the colour or not. It's your van.

Blackberry metallic is a really unusual and interesting paint colour, changing through different hues in different lights - black in some light, and sparkly blackberry in other light, sometimes with a hint of dark brown and sometimes even a bit of violet. How many vehicle shades are as interesting as this?!
I think it may well become a classic as like others have said, it certainly attracts a heck of a lot of positive comments about the colour wherever we go, and from car enthusiasts. It's nothing like the old cortina dull maroon although that's pretty classic now!
We didn't choose the colour as such when buying ours as we went for the excellent overall spec. Had we been choosing a colour before we had actually seen the blackberry metallic we may have gone for sand beige metallic or if they'd had them, a dark green.
Having got the metallic blackberry we really like it and enjoy the way it is understated without being boring. Also, in a country landscape, such as the Lake District, it subtlety blends in, as we found when walking back towards a beautiful area full of parked cars, not a car park, but all over the edges of the roads on lots of levels - all the various colours jarred with the landscape, really spoiling it, but not the blackberry. So a great choice for wild camping too. I'd therefore say that it's one of the best colours as found in the poll of favourite colours! But they are great in any colour!

Hi all
I have a new ocean in order in blackberry metallic.
My wife and I both felt at the time of ordering that it was both our preferred choice.
We saw a new demo model in a showroom recently and out on the road and I'm worrying have we made the wrong choice.
I know colour is a personal thing but just having a bit of a panic.
Are there any blackberry owners out there that could share their ownership experiences living with blackberry metallic, ie keeping clean/ showing scratches maybe?
I'm at the early stages of the order process so I would presume a colour change could be possible.
Any advice/comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
Simon
Hi, we have just got a Cali in Blackberry. It's a great colour, even when dirty. It cleans up a treat. Enjoy

Was following one yesterday and at first it did look black.,
Perhaps if you are buying and not intending to keep for a long time then you might wish to pick a safe colour. But then again there is always a market and market might just want a blackberry.
On the whole I would hate to spend all this money and not buy one the colour I liked.

Mike

image.jpeg Here's ours after a 1500 mile journey down from north UK to south of France after a quick wipe down with just cold water. It looked good dusty too! It's a year old. Should have added to my previous post, that we were also worried after putting the deposit down about whether we would be happy with the colour and spent some time like you looking at pictures etc - but then TBO would have been worrying whatever colour we'd chosen! When we went to pick it up though as soon as we saw it we were really chuffed! Good luck in your final choice!

Back