Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blackberry metallic or not ?

1400sfm

1400sfm

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all
I have a new ocean in order in blackberry metallic.
My wife and I both felt at the time of ordering that it was both our preferred choice.
We saw a new demo model in a showroom recently and out on the road and I'm worrying have we made the wrong choice.
I know colour is a personal thing but just having a bit of a panic.
Are there any blackberry owners out there that could share their ownership experiences living with blackberry metallic, ie keeping clean/ showing scratches maybe?
I'm at the early stages of the order process so I would presume a colour change could be possible.
Any advice/comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
Simon

We have ordered a blackberry this week ,having never seen a Cali in blackberry in the flesh, however we were shown a transporter in the colour which was absolutely filthy and it still looked good !
Dave and lisa

There are lots on owners on here who love "Blackberry" for me my personal view I did not like it and unsure if it would grow on me. As you said i colour is a personal thing.

When we were looking (we bought demo van back in 2012) I had colours I like, colours I could live with and colours I could not live with. We went for Candy White which fell into a colour I could live with. If looking today I would list it as a colour I like.

Do not know what VW dark paint is like the dark cars I have owned seem to show minor marks as the under colour has been light.

If you are not sure re Blackberry I would ask --- is it a colour you you could live with over the next few years.

EDIT Jan2017 candy white sold and blackberry on the drive

Last edited:
There are lots on owners on here who love "Blackberry" for me my personal view I do not like it and I do not feel it would grow on me. As you said i colour is a personal thing.

When we were looking (we bought demo van back in 2012) I had colours I like, colours I could live with and colours I could not live with. We went for Candy White which fell into a colour I could live with. If looking today I would list it as a colour I like.

Do not know what VW dark paint is like the dark cars I have owned seem to show minor marks as the under colour has been light.

If you are not sure re Blackberry I would ask --- is it a colour you you could live with over the next few years.

Agree Meoncoast. I would not have chosen candy white but now I have it I absolutely love it! With the black side bars, black splitter, awning, spoiler and wheels he looks stunning.

I have blackberry and would not buy it again, IMHO it is worse than black as it shows the slightest scratch ( white primer underneath) and as soon as the roads get wet it looks really dirty. When clean it looks great but it is marmite, some people love it and others dislike it.

I wish i went with my head instead of my heart and had grey instead!

It is a fabulous colour but I was concerned about minor scratches showing up. So we *saved the money and went with Candy White.

* Subsequently bought Cascavel Black wheels ;-)

It's a brave buyer who goes for an unusual colour (brown, purple etc). Some of the bets may pay off (grape yellow?) but most won't.
Some buyers won't care at all if theirs doesn't retain its value like a boring grey or silver might, so long as they like it.
If you are worried about resale prices, I'd go 'boring'.

We had a blackberry last year and although we loved the colour we would not buy it again for the same reasons above, nightmare to keep clean (especially on muddy Devon roads) and shows up every little scratch. Next Cali I will probably be going back to grey.

003.jpg

What's your 2nd favourite Simon ?

Mike

Silence all you doubters, I have owned a blackberry T6 for a few months now and its awesome, every one who sees it seems to agree, sometimes different is good. You can spot it in any car park and I don't think it shows the dirt too much, I had two black cars before it and believe me it's no where near as bad, ok it shows a few water marks when washed but a quick wipe with a micro clothe and its good as new, please don't doubt your decision go with the feeling you had when you first saw it, I did and no regrets.
Each to there own, more colours more Cali's

Are you looking to start an exclusive club for blackberrys, what next 204 owners only, I say blackberrys for all, let's make it the most popular. We'll show white van man.

Thanks for you're feedback, I think it's generally confirmed my fears.
I will be contacting the dealer this week to amend my order.

Simon

Blackberry was a colour we were thinking about if we decide to order a new T6.
Above comments are putting me off now. Would maybe look at my second choice starlight blue

We changed from mojave beige to indium grey after we ordered.
It was difficult when ordered because few T6 available for us to see .
Pleased with indium grey .

????

Any advice/comments would be appreciated.
Thanks

When spending sixty thousand on a new vehicle why not have the colour you want and not what everyone else tells you !!
Dave and lisa

C'mon, the OP was asking for opinions and he got mixed replies, nobody was dictating to him what to buy. If I was considering buying a colour I would be glad of this feedback to help me choose the colour and if I had known this about blackberry before I would of chose a safer colour but hey-ho I am stuck with it now and have to clean my van weekly and forever piloshing out scraches.. Some people have resale, keeping clean further up the list than others, we are all different.

When spending sixty thousand on a new vehicle why not have the colour you want and not what everyone else tells you !!

the question was asked so I think he is saying he is not sure on the Blackberry he order and wanted other views

We nearly bought a blackberry but dealer talked us out of it as he knew we only planned to keep the van for a few years, he said it is a hard colour to shift, I guess thats why we never see any demo's on Blackberry?

I agree with Trevor K. We have a blackberry beach and it looks sensational. Just IMHO of course. Just back from a sunny long weekend in the lakes and dales and in every car park or site it stood out great. And exactly which colour are some of you folks not keeping clean anyway? Shame on you:talktothehand

But, beauty is very much in the of the beholder. Gut instinct is your best guide; wifes gut instinct of course!;)

Back