• 66 - 75

Votes: 68 8.7%
  • 76 - 85

Votes: 22 2.8%
  • 85+

Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters
Zygo said:
I do not yet own a Cali but am considering it. I am 81 and not very active. Do the members consider me to be foolish in contemplating this course of action?
Can't tell you mate but we manage fine in ours and I am 71!
Zygo

Ah! Blunder,
My post to Zygo should say tha I am 71, not him, and tha we are fine with ours. In fact we are on our second Cali, our first was a T4 and now we are into our third year In our T5.
Age is irrelevant really I think.

David

I'm 68 and never felt so independent since owning my cali

I can travell where I want when I want in my mini hotel :D

Even sorted out the baby sitting (or dog sitting) sonario
My wife stays at home and I go off in the cali :bananadance :bananadance

Alan said:
I'm 68 and never felt so independent since owning my cali

I can travell where I want when I want in my mini hotel :D

Even sorted out the baby sitting (or dog sitting) sonario
My wife stays at home and I go off in the cali :bananadance :bananadance

hi
i'm 76 as previously posted ,i go of fishing, cycling, weeks at a time on my own,my wife thinks the cali is to small,off to nec next sat.,thinking about buying a bigger motorhome,sick as a parrot,the cali is brilliant as far as i am concerned cheers,stewie :hello

reflex silver 2006 auto 2.5 tdi

I've just brought one and i'm 44. Comtemplated a conversion on my existing T5 but in the end it would have just been an imitation of the real thing. Cannot wait to take it away.

DMB9R said:
I've just brought one and i'm 44. Comtemplated a conversion on my existing T5 but in the end it would have just been an imitation of the real thing. Cannot wait to take it away.
Wise decision :D

Maud said:
I will still be 28 when mine arrives in March. Is there anyone else in their twenties? :smile
Maud

That's a long wait!!!

Hi all...

Don't want to offend anyone but I have always wondered what sort of age people are that own a Cali...

I guess my first reaction would be retired people but I'm not so it is something that I've always wondered... ☺

We we're 38 when we bought ours and feel very lucky to have such an awesome vehicle at that age.... ☺

Thanks

Shaun (now 40)

Perhaps someone could set up a poll?

We were 52 when we purchased our first Cali (2 years ago). Now going through process of ordering a T6!

Neither of us are retired! Both need to work to pay for such luxury!

41 when we bought our first Westy. Now 44 buying a T6 but I may well be 45 by the time it arrives!

I got Albert three years ago as a retirement present to myself.

All I need to do now is to retire :shocked

Ok...

Looking younger than I thought to be honest. I guess I only thought it may have been older due to the cost of the Cali because to be far they are a pricy bit of kit... ☺

Shaun

I think you've caught all the people at work wishing they weren't, so trawling the forum.

Us oldies are out enjoying ourselves. Both 63 when we bought as a retirement present two years ago. I'll leave the maths to you youngsters.

Interesting post bournemouthbeach! We are 42 (my lady) and quite much younger myself being 41. I am quite sure there is a big age difference between cali owners and campericed vans. I originally come from the north of Spain where surfing is quite popular and you can see a lot of youngsters with DIY transporters and vitos. Mine is on its way and I dont still know how we are going to pay for it.

61 when I upgraded from a Split to the Darkside;)
when we collected dealer was surprised we were not planning a big retirement trip like most he had sold ones to! Been a VW bus person since 1975 ...
it gets scary when you look in mirror and se your granddad looking back at you instead of your dad..or brother"!