Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Persistent airbag warning light problem

Dave_T

Dave_T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi,

Has anyone had a problem with their airbag warning light coming on?

We've had a problem with ours coming on, and it's been to the garage about 4 times now... After about a week maybe, it comes on again. I'm aware there is a known problem with the cables under the seat being a bit tight, but they fixed that last time.

Cheers
Dave

Hi,

Has anyone had a problem with their airbag warning light coming on?

We've had a problem with ours coming on, and it's been to the garage about 4 times now... After about a week maybe, it comes on again. I'm aware there is a known problem with the cables under the seat being a bit tight, but they fixed that last time.

Cheers
Dave

Just happened to me. I am heading to the garage on wednesday.... did you had any new issue with it ?

They should fit a new longer loom, it is a known fault on the Cali, don't let them fob you off with just resetting it

Mine was in a few weeks ago - the fault was with the airbag itself, not the loom. Airbag replaced under warranty

:sad We had air bag warning light on twice last time over a year ago.

1st time just reset
2nd time diagnosed something wrong in the sensor in the bag in the passenger seat air bag - re set and did not come on but went into Breeze the following week and replaced. They removed the seat fabric and replace air bag unit

no issue since then

Light came on our previous Cali recently. Took it in to dealer asked them to check it out. It was in for service anyway, and I was waiting for it. The waiting area had a window in to the workshop, andI saw the technician fit a new loom under the driver's seat.

It didn't appear on the bill, even though the van was out of warranty. Maybe they forgot to charge for it ..... they had enough out of me anyway!

Back