Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Airbag fault warning light

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Just a word of warning if you take the radio out of the dash.
I undid the connection from the back of the Airbag Off light to move the dash panel to one side to remove the radio.
If you do this and turn the ignition on the Airbag fault warning light on the instrument cluster comes on and has to be reset by the dealer.
Simply reconnecting the dash panel light has no effect.

Good advice :thumb do you think if you plug it back in before turning on the ignition it will come on

Yes, I think so Kev.
It's only if the ignition is turned on with it disconnected that it causes a problem.

I have the same problem for a similar reason I think. The airbag warning light has been on since I removed the glovebox and airbag switch connector for better access to the radio connectors. Do I really need to see the dealer, bet they charge £100 for 5 mins work?

Just find a local garage that has vcds to reset it for you shouldn't take more than 10 minutes :thumb

Our local Vw dealer charges £85 plus vat, I often just reset a light for free, or a full scan and reset plus an email of before and after list of faults (or not) we charge an hours labour.

Air bag light reset from wrexham vw wasfree provided no fault is stored that could be deemed to be a danger ie preventing airbag to ignite. A vehicle health check was proformed as standard this is done to all vehicles that go into workshop.

briwy said:
Just a word of warning if you take the radio out of the dash.
I undid the connection from the back of the Airbag Off light to move the dash panel to one side to remove the radio.
If you do this and turn the ignition on the Airbag fault warning light on the instrument cluster comes on and has to be reset by the dealer.
Simply reconnecting the dash panel light has no effect.

If you know the cause of the Airbag light being activated, as in your case, it can be rest with this handy little scanner.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6363

However, as this is a important safety system if you do not know the reason for the fault it is important not to reset the error code and have your Cali checked by a VW technician.

John

Back