Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking Apps

RoB5urf

RoB5urf

Beach with 2-seat bench
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We've come to rely on various apps (RingGo, JustPark etc) to pay for parking. Yesterday I tried to pay for parking in a Kent coast car park but the RingGo app said my vehicle wasn't allowed in the car park (presumably because I've declared it as "Motor Caravan" in the app). I checked with the council and they have no restrictions on camper vans (although Littlestone has a 2m height barrier). Luckily between me and the chap I was meeting we managed to find enough coins to pay for parking the old way.

Anybody else had an issue like this?

Can't you just change it to car?

I've often wondered...there are always signs saying "no motor caravans after 6pm" on see front roads, but is a VW California a Motor Caravan technically.....and what about a Tranporter converted?

I suppose the question is...has anyone in a VW california ever been given a ticket at a place that states no motor caravans?

I've often wondered...there are always signs saying "no motor caravans after 6pm" on sea front roads, but is a VW California a Motor Caravan technically.....and what about a Tranporter converted?

I suppose the question is...has anyone in a VW california ever been given a ticket at a place that states no motor caravans?

Depends what it says on your V5. - there's about a years worth of vans registered as MPVs as are all new Beach Tours. Other than those chances are your V5 says Motor Caravan.

As for VWs being ticketed, search for threads re Swanage - parking signs say cars only & vans have been ticketed.

In my case it looks like RingGo's information on this particular car park didn't match the council's, so incorrectly blocked my payment. I was just trying to get a feel as to how often this happens.

If there are signs saying no camper vans I'm not looking to circumvent any ban.

We've come to rely on various apps (RingGo, JustPark etc) to pay for parking. Yesterday I tried to pay for parking in a Kent coast car park but the RingGo app said my vehicle wasn't allowed in the car park (presumably because I've declared it as "Motor Caravan" in the app). I checked with the council and they have no restrictions on camper vans (although Littlestone has a 2m height barrier). Luckily between me and the chap I was meeting we managed to find enough coins to pay for parking the old way.

Anybody else had an issue like this?
Our beach is registered as a motor caravan on the V5, but never had an issue with any of the parking apps. I just put the reg no into the app.

Our local beach is always a mix of various campers, vans, Calis (very few cars in the winter). They just want the revenue, so provided you fit in the space it’s fine.

Back