Park assist useful or not ??

D

Domstrange

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi
Final spec in this week drivers pack a or d
It looks like park assist the difference
The question is does anyone have or use park assist ( had on last 3 cars never used )
Do you need park assist with a rear view camera ?
Answers appreciated

Hi
The question is does anyone have or use park assist ( had on last 3 cars never used )
Answers appreciated
Never used: but plan to keep the Ocean for as long as I can drive, am getting to be pretty old, so might do one day.

I believe it will only help with parallel park. I've never tried it but I keep meaning to, just to satisfy my curiosity on how good it is.

The Cali has fantastic visibility, a good rear view camera and endless parking sensors - it's a doddle to park, I'd argue easier than a lot of cars which have odd shapes/bulbous wings etc. which make the shape deceptive - the Cali is a box.

I like it and use it on occasion. It does a very good job first time and makes you look like you can really park!

Hi
Answers appreciated
Don’t use it but did test it when we got the van. It worked very well.

Like others I have only used out of curiosity. Very impressive though.

Likewise - used it once, never bothered again. Probably should use it more for parallel parking to be honest!

Hi
Answers appreciated
I thought it was standard, at least on an Ocean. It’s a fascinating tool that avoids scratching your alloys, as long as the space is bigger than I can park in manually easily, so it’s redundant in mine, unless I’m bored and fancy trying it again (once), or my Dad asks to see it again (twice!)

I thought it was standard, at least on an Ocean. It’s a fascinating tool that avoids scratching your alloys, as long as the space is bigger than I can park in manually easily, so it’s redundant in mine, unless I’m bored and fancy trying it again (once), or my Dad asks to see it again (twice!)
The OP is ordering a Grand Cali, so it’s an option.

Back