Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Overpower on campsite

Carstenbn

Carstenbn

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all
Camping i Czech Republic right now. All adapters for IPhone Went up in smoke. Think we had overpower on the EHU.
After this we cant get power out of the 230. V socket.
The HFI Swich in the back of the car is switched on.

Is there a fuse for the 230v ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you tripped the site supply

have you tripped the site supply

Sorry for the bad english, but what do you mean by ‘tripped the site supply’
The electricity at the campsite seams okay now.

where you plug in is there a circuit breaker?

Hi all
Camping i Czech Republic right now. All adapters for IPhone Went up in smoke. Think we had overpower on the EHU.
After this we cant get power out of the 230. V socket.
The HFI Swich in the back of the car is switched on.

Is there a fuse for the 230v ?

No Fuse for the Mains 230v Circuit. Only the RCD Switch in the Wardrobe and possibly something similar on the Campsite supply post/connection.

Hi all.
Thanks for the answers. New info is that the plug from the site was NOT Working. Now I put it in a new plug and this is working.

I now have 230 volts from the inverter plug and the regular 230 v plug.

But the symbol from the 230 v on the control panel is only showing battery, indicating no charging.
Fuse somewhere for the charger, or charger gone dead ?

I had this on a brand new van the plug wasn’t in place properly so I would check as they can vibrate loose

I Will try to check this tomorrow, but it shouldn’t just jump out.

It looks different in mine (T5.1), so maybe the charger is in another place. ?

Prior to 2010 I think the charger was under the fridge and prone to overheating but since then moved to rear wardrobe above rear leisure battery. Mains plug L hand side like kitchen kettle plug. Make sure it is inserted fully.

I think there might be a 30amp Fuse at Position 16 under the L hand Front Seat for the Charger Output.
Worth checking as well.

Hi all.
Thanks for the answers. New info is that the plug from the site was NOT Working. Now I put it in a new plug and this is working.

I now have 230 volts from the inverter plug and the regular 230 v plug.

But the symbol from the 230 v on the control panel is only showing battery, indicating no charging.
Fuse somewhere for the charger, or charger gone dead ?

We had a problem earlier this year with the control panel showing our battery wasn't charging when hooked up, and we were going to get an electrician to look at it, but then it suddenly was OK again - We came to the conclusion that it was a glitch in the control panel/ fault system. Is there a flashing symbol on the control panel when you're not hooked up to the electric at all?

We had a problem earlier this year with the control panel showing our battery wasn't charging when hooked up, and we were going to get an electrician to look at it, but then it suddenly was OK again - We came to the conclusion that it was a glitch in the control panel/ fault system. Is there a flashing symbol on the control panel when you're not hooked up to the electric at all?

That sounds like a possibility, but nothing flashing in the panel

I think there might be a 30amp Fuse at Position 16 under the L hand Front Seat for the Charger Output.
Worth checking as well.

I haven’t had the possibility to check the fuses yet, because I can’t see the fuse numbers.
But will check this as soon as possible.
Anyone who has got a drawing or photo of the fuse numbers?

Back