Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ordered California " Coast "

Anthony Murphy

Anthony Murphy

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
After thinking about a California campervan for the last 18 months,I went and ordered one 150 BHP " Coast " with 15 Options. Ordered on the 10/08/2017 build week 37/2017 Delivery date to Dealership week 40/41 which is late Oct 2017.

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
You'll have to tell, and show us, all about the 'Coast' as it's not available in the UK.

Welcome , i thought a bit longer ....took me at least 18years....mostly saving penny's in the bank!

The Coast spec is like the Beach but it is fitted out with the kitchen,comes with manual pop roof [ less to go wrong ] this is what i ordered including Options 150 BHP TDI" Coast " Z3F Devonport 17" Alloys. 7X8 Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Rear Assist. M01 Mojave Beige. NF4 Awning housing & Rail in Silver. ZIY Side Scan. PAD Adaptive Cruise Control. QL5 Privacy Glass. 8WH Front Foglights with Corner Function. 1G3 Alloy Spare Wheel. 3U1 Bed Extension Mat. ZE7 Leather Multi Function Steering Wheel. 6N2 Mud Flaps. 5MN Linearus Decorative insert W/Coloured Strip. 81D Halogen twin Headlights. 4Y2 Lockable Storage Compartment. From order to Delivery 8 weeks.

Wow! that seems like a fast delivery time. Good luck with the new Cali.

Nice spec. I think I would prefer coast to ocean if it had been available in U.K.

Charles

Sounds great.
Does the coast come with a heater fitted ?

Standard Equipment states second heater in passenger compartment in Coast , same in Ocean spec.

Standard Equipment states second heater in passenger compartment in Coast , same in Ocean spec.

Hey Anto!

You might want to double-check. I'm up in Belfast, where the Coast isn't available so I ended up buying a Beach. However, when I spec'd a Coast, and looked at registering it up here.... I was told the Coast didn't come with the overnight heater as standard, and it needed to be added, like I had to add to my Beach.

I also met a guy in a new T6 Coast, a few weeks back in Rostrevor.... And he was gutted his Coast didn't come with the heater, and he was costing a retro fit.

All the best with your purchase, and will have to keep an eye out for you in future.

no heater in coast from what I know

When it arrives in Oct. i will be giving it a good going over as per spec sheet, because standard equipment states protective side mouldings ???? .If you look at the Irish VW site there most up todate brochure is MAY 2011 YES 2011 T5..

The "second heater in passenger compartment" which is indeed standard spec, is just a second fan heater. Not the overnight/parking heater, which is referred to as a programable parking heater or overnight heater.

If that's your expectation Anthony, then all good.... However, if you are expecting the parking/overnight heater, which is optional on the Beach, but included on a UK spec Ocean, then it's not included as standard in the Irish Coast.

You might want to add this to your order, as it's a very sought after extra, and will help re-sale. It's also invaluable, if you plan to camp in your new van all year around IMO.

Good luck, the wait is deadly... but very much worth it.

Last edited:
I wont be camping in the winter months , Summer use only, on the Optional list Air parking heater € 2,295.00.

I wont be camping in the winter months , Summer use only, on the Optional list Air parking heater € 2,295.00.
I got a new coast no heather
I wont be camping in the winter months , Summer use only, on the Optional list Air parking heater € 2,295.00.[/QU

I took delivery of my coast in june no heater i couldn't justify the extra 2300 either you should try and add the
reversing camera i got it as an extra and the extra led lights up stairs .
Ciaran

I have a Coast delivered in March 2017.
The parking/overnight heater was an option and costed me exactly 1726,67 €. (in Belgium)

We had to use the heater in our Beach last week in The Vendee in France, freezing during the night.

Hi Anthony, well done sounds like a great vehicle.
We are also in Ireland and have an Ocean which has the overnight heater, to be honest we find it amazing and use it frequently (including this weekend!), our favourite time to camp in Ireland is spring time, Donegal being spectacular as I am sure you know, so its either bring a heater or have the built in heating, I must say though we have used a mini oil heater in the past which did work but not as convenient and always there, each to their own and I am sure you will have great adventures ahead.

I ordered over €7000.00 of extras, list at start of thread. If you dont mind me asking what Discount did you get.
I got 5 k worth got 3.5k discount also i didnt bother with sat nav i got the app connect its brilliant .

Ciaran

I got 5 k worth got 3.5k discount also i didnt bother with sat nav i got the app connect its brilliant .

Ciaran
I am getting 4.3k Discount, but i have been told by the Dealer i have to Reg.it as a 172 because VW Ireland had helped them with the Discount, and VW Ireland want it as a 172 Reg. I was hoping to Reg. as a 181 .What do you think of this.

Sounds like it's a dealer demo order you're getting.... Due to the additional discount, and reg requirement as 172, which would indicate, it's from their 172 dealer allocation.... In the UK, this would get you a 15% discount.... Some other posts/threads on this already.

Your shorter than average lead-time, is also an indicator. I would push for closer to 15% discount.... As per what would be UK expectation. UK factory order is normally discount of 7-8% pre-VAT.

Good luck! :cheers

Last edited: