Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Order placed.

I'll make a photo, didn't have a chance to setup it fully yet and didn't even unroll the awning yet )
So far impressions:
Eats fuel decently 9l/100km average so far. Of course eats 10 or more on 140-150km/h, this is a huge brick after all.
Impressed with sound proof at high speeds.
Standard sound system sound pretty decent. Even outperforms mine old one with the sub.
Maneuverability is insane. Rear camera makes you feel like you are driving a Smart. So camera option a 300% must have!
4motion works even on dry asphalt ) On some conjunctions when you have to start faster, front wheels spin pretty easy so 4 motion helps to fire away. And I'm not even giving her over 3-4k RPM yet )
Got a feeling a leisure battery was delivered almost dead. Fridge refused to run on it today saying it is too low. Gotta hook it up overnight.
Impressed with interior lights. Those extra leds for tent and rear door are good to have as well.
Wife complaining about motion sickness. Even I feel it :) Have to get used to it, no turning back now ;)
Especially on highways the car tends to cradle you :)
That new suspension option could have been a good choice for a stiffer ride, but not logical for me I think, since planned to upgrade to Seikel or similar.

Most importantly I was able to park it in my garage between 2 concrete walls with mirrors folded ;)
Again camera helps a lot to align properly.

Forgot the most important ACC is an insane feature ) A magic on highways.
Most impressed it works in traffic jams! Of course it can set the lowest 30km/h but It breaks the vehicle to a full stop and follows again when traffic moves!
And there are 3 options how dynamically you want car to accelerate.
Radar is pretty smart.
You can set the distance. It also analyzes the speed difference.
So even if you change the lane and there is a car in front of you that just passed you, it doesn't break hysterically. It knows the car is speeding away from you even if it is very close right now. So it simply follows that car slowly making a set distance.

Most impressed it works in traffic jams! Of course it can set the lowest 30km/h but It breaks the vehicle to a full stop and follows again when traffic moves!
Radar is pretty smart.
So even if you change the lane and there is a car in front of you that just passed you, it doesn't break hysterically. It knows the car is speeding away from you even if it is very close right now. So it simply follows that car slowly making a set distance.
Excellent news! I am looking forward to trying my ACC. I saw a VW video on YouTube of the Golf using ACC to stop /start in traffic and just hoped that it had come across to the California, unmodified. Sounds like it has!

Radar is pretty smart.

My husband is really looking forward to using the ACC.
Thanks for feedback

Was very excited first 2 months waiting but then turned into philosophical "am ok"
BTW I think I didn't get that non-transparent tent everybody complained about here. I'd really prefer that brighter see through one :(
Anyway 1st trip planned to Netherlands to Keukenhoff :)
Great Beach :) Planning to go for pretty specked up Beach myself, but I wonder about this non-transparent tent - did you get a brighter tent..? I´d really prefer a darker tent but with windows. Sorry about a newbie question ;) Still feeling that motion sickness tendency..?

Thank you kave - would be great to see your´s one day, no Beach available in Jönköping :) No problem with the different (original tent vs Iso-Top) fabrics rubbing each other and by that letting moisture in then..?

Thank you kave - would be great to see your´s one day, no Beach available in Jönköping :) No problem with the different (original tent vs Iso-Top) fabrics rubbing each other and by that letting moisture in then..?
I just did a Beach to Ocean comparison using the Swedish configurator, the Beach was more expensive due to the really good value Camping, Comfort and Premium Packs that are only available on the Ocean.

Same base of 150HK DSG, Special 2 tone paint, 18" Palmerstons. Went for fancy white wood kitchen on the Ocean spec. Not Petrols, and no 204 for the Beach in any drivetrain.

Also the price is about the same as the UK, given our 25% MOMs I thought that was pretty good, Bromma Stockholm are going to get back to me but I'm interested in extended warranty and service packs over discount, but let's see.

Better to spec a build than wait for something to show up, Bromma has a nicely specced Demo but they want the exact same kronor value as new and it's nearly 6m old now, also the stuff on Blocket is a joke price wise.

Back