Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oil service due message - 9 months old Ocean 6.1?

I'm in France at the moment, will post the docs when we get back. Essentially it was a combination package available when we ordered.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

So I contacted my local dealer today now I’m back in the uk and they said that I should ignore the service indicator and book it in for 12 months from registration, which is what I’ve now done. £204 for the oil service but this will be covered by the 2 free services I negotiated at purchase.
Thanks for all the advice.

Update from my previous post.

Had 2nd oil change service yesterday at 21000 miles which was more annoying because I had to pay. VWCV assured me clock's were now correct for our Cali and use, all good.

Van has now updated and guess what, next oil change service due in 9000 (30000 total) miles and Major service has gone out to 45000 miles. At thir rate I'll of had 4 oil changes before I even get to the major service. Nothing like the service plan we were sold. Having to pay out £235 every 9000 miles was never in the plan.

It’s annoying, but try keep in mind oil is cheap, engines are expensive

So VW Birmingham just called me to confirm I'm booked in with them Monday. They asked the mileage to which I replied 8,000. The chap then said "It's not due yet". He said it was due at 2 years or 20,000 miles. I said I'd got the warning message saying service due, he said they could remove that if I popped in.

Do VW not know their backside from their elbow? What a mess. Oh and they also said they have no record of my service package, so I've now got to get in touch with Eurovans.

So what @Campervanpup21 and @Beaker said earlier in this post seems to be correct.

So VW Birmingham just called me to confirm I'm booked in with them Monday. They asked the mileage to which I replied 8,000. The chap then said "It's not due yet". He said it was due at 2 years or 20,000 miles. I said I'd got the warning message saying service due, he said they could remove that if I popped in.

Do VW not know their backside from their elbow? What a mess. Oh and they also said they have no record of my service package, so I've now got to get in touch with Eurovans.

So what @Campervanpup21 and @Beaker said earlier in this post seems to be correct.
When I had a similar incident years ago, Dealer said that options were to
Have message reset.
Use prepaid interim service, leavinbg one service for future use.

I bought oil and filter then had local garage do the oil change.
2nd year VW service
3rd year again loal
4th year VW service

When I had a similar incident years ago, Dealer said that options were to
Have message reset.
Use prepaid interim service, leavinbg one service for future use.

I bought oil and filter then had local garage do the oil change.
2nd year VW service
3rd year again loal
4th year VW service
All My cars..Audi , Landrover are two years between servicing and I intend to do the same with my Ocean as its got longlife oil in and having discussed with service at VW van centre they agreed I can stick to the 2 years even with low miles and it wont effect warranty but they try and get you to service it every year to drum up more work for them ...stick to your guns....they even said ignore the service reminder and if its annoying pop in and they can reset to run on a timed year to go basis. Just make sure that the free services on the plan are used before the 4 yr expiry..again VW service admitted that the service plans do not tally on the commercial side but its just a marketing ploy...the plans are actually aimed at the cars.

If you've got the VW app on your phone it should show what if any service plan you have associated with your van.

What a mess. VW Brum said my service package is one small service and one big service.
They really don’t know they’re a$$ from their elbow.
It’s very frustrating.
I’ll call VW Commercial and raise a complaint / investigation ticket.
Hopefully get it resolved.
Mine is getting 34mpg when I driving at 70mph on the M’ways. And feels nicely loosened up.
I can do a filter and oil change myself,
Piece of cake.

If you've got the VW app on your phone it should show what if any service plan you have associated with your van.
Thanks, I’ll check

mine says this:
Service & maintenance
Next inspection:376 days / 9,700.2 mi
Next oil service:11 days / 999.8 mi overdue
Preferred authorised workshop
Volkswagen Van Centre (Birmingham)
Change authorised workshopContact
Service Scheduling
Would you like to be notified when a service is due? Your Volkswagen forwards maintenance alerts and service-related messages to your preferred authorised workshop and you will be contacted to arrange an appointment.

What’s your app say @PhilR ?

Would you like to be notified when a service is due? Your Volkswagen forwards maintenance alerts and service-related messages to your preferred authorised workshop and you will be contacted to arrange an appointment
Any idea how far in advance of the service due date / mileage you would be contacted to arrange an appointment ?

What’s your app say @PhilR ?
It just says next service due in 12,000 miles, 314 days. Nothing on there about the service plan, but when I spoke to Eurovans yesterday they said they were endeavouring to get the plan put on the system as it never has been apparently. My original invoice shows it though - it says “2 years/2 services”

What a mess. VW Brum said my service package is one small service and one big service.
It’s very frustrating.
I’ll call VW Commercial and raise a complaint / investigation ticket.
Hopefully get it resolved.
Mine is getting 34mpg when I driving at 70mph on the M’ways. And feels nicely loosened up.
I can do a filter and oil change myself,
Piece of cake.
Not quite but nearly

Undertray off - 7 litres hot oil out - Oil filter out/in - 7 litres oil in - under tray refit.

Syphoning oil out doesn't remove sludge as does a drainplug process.

Syphoning oil out doesn't remove sludge as does a drainplug process.
Do you use a new drain plug? I have a box full of VW sump plugs all with captive washers and all looking brand new. The cost of a plug has risen fron 85p to £3.95 during my oil changing career, but I've never re-used one. Greek friends (in Greece) re-use quite happily two or three times without mishap, some remove the captive washer and replace with an appropriate copper washer, as used to be the standard practice.

It just says next service due in 12,000 miles, 314 days. Nothing on there about the service plan, but when I spoke to Eurovans yesterday they said they were endeavouring to get the plan put on the system as it never has been apparently. My original invoice shows it though - it says “2 years/2 services”
Agree - new version of the app doesn't show service contract even under the "contracts" section, it now just shows how long the we-connect contract has to run.

Similarly if you log in to VW CV financial services it used to show remaining services on any VW group cars I had ever owned. There is now no info at all.

Do you use a new drain plug? I have a box full of VW sump plugs all with captive washers and all looking brand new. The cost of a plug has risen fron 85p to £3.95 during my oil changing career, but I've never re-used one. Greek friends (in Greece) re-use quite happily two or three times without mishap, some remove the captive washer and replace with an appropriate copper washer, as used to be the standard practice.
If I recall correctly the filter came with a new copper washer for the sump plug. Not a plug as well.

It is not exclusively determined by miles or days, there are sensors measuring he polution/ conductivity of the oil they may decide to change oil on different interval. Metal particles or water ingress may be a reason to change oil sooner than planned.

I’ll dog my invoice out and have a look.
Hoping it’s in my emails somewhere

I’ll dog my invoice out and have a look.
Hoping it’s in my emails somewhere
I got my grandog to root through my invoices and he made a right mess ;)
So I won’t be asking him for help, again!
Aha.
But I can’t find any info.
Brum Swansway know it’s under a service plan but insist it’s just the first interim and 2nd main service.
So I’ll contact VW Commercial and ask what’s the scores on the doors

Brum Swansway know it’s under a service plan but insist it’s just the first interim and 2nd main service.
So I’ll contact VW Commercial and ask what’s the scores on the doors

Well what do you think you get under a 4 year / 2 service plan? or have you paid for longer than that?

Sounds to me like the dealer is right a small ie interim service & a large ie main service. Not sure what else you expect them to do.

If your van is set up for longline services those two are a maximum of 2 years apart, if set up for annual servicing they are a year apart.

Well what do you think you get under a 4 year / 2 service plan? or have you paid for longer than that?

Sounds to me like the dealer is right a small ie interim service & a large ie main service. Not sure what else you expect them to do.

If your van is set up for longline services those two are a maximum of 2 years apart, if set up for annual servicing they are a year apart.
That’s the rub.
How do we know what VW have setup on our vehicle.
They don’t know. How are we meant to know.
Need an emoji of a man shrugging. .

Agree, as i said earlier in this thread, The service plan we are being sold bears little or no resemblance to the service schedule generated by the vehicle. The very least dealers should do is make them match!

That’s the rub.
How do we know what VW have setup on our vehicle.
For my T5.1, the vehicle data on the front inside page of the service schedule booklet includes the reference Q18 which is "service indicator 40,000 km or 2 year variable"

For my T5.1, the vehicle data on the front inside page of the service schedule booklet includes the reference Q18 which is "service indicator 40,000 km or 2 year variable"
Good call, thanks, I’ll go check the booklet now

Back