Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OCEAN Sticker - Calling all T6 Ocean owners for circa build date Nov 2017 into early 2018

Ocean Spirit

Ocean Spirit

Eating Ice Cream, skimming stones.
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
This is a bit strange but....
I bought my Cali new which was built in Nov 2017.
The long and short of it is that it came with the Ocean sticker on the offside only.
I have been told recently that this was the case for a very small production run only.
Incidentally and probably coincidently, it was the period where very shortly after Calis stopped leaving the factory due to emissions discrepancies.
I picked up the Cali on Dec 5th but between then and before Christmas no more Cali's were being shipped and that hold up went on in excess of 3 months if I remember correctly.

But I never realised at the time mine was different to others which have a sticker on each side. It took a while for me to really connect that mine was an odd one out so I checked the pick up day pictures and sure enough nobody had decided to peel it off for me at any point while left unattended after buying the vehicle.
Never really suspected this but couldn't rule it out until I checked the pics and sure enough it's never been there.
Thats when eventually (yep 6 years later) I decided I wanted to be in the 2 sticker crowd and asked SMG Tonbridge if they could get me what I should have had.
Thats when I was told there was this short run with only 1 sticker. I am a bit sceptical of that but it was the same salesman I bought the cali from and he was always very good so why should I not believe him?
Hence....
anyone else got an Ocean of this period with only 1 sticker which is on the drivers side?

Last edited:
Before buying our Cali, we made an appointment to look at a pre-owned Silver Cali at a Parkway dealership in (IIRC) at Kettering in Mid-2018.
It had only one OCEAN decal, which we thought odd. Also when opening the sliding door, we were met with a deluge of water that gushed out of the step area.
Needless to say we didn't buy that one or our current Cali from there.
Not that there was any actual effort to sell it on behalf of the dealership's (NFI Attitude) sales person.

Back