Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean en route to the Wild Atlantic Way!!

CiarraiCali

CiarraiCali

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can’t believe it, put my deposit down today for a new Ocean!! Was talking to my local VW dealers a few weeks ago about ordering for next year. No Beach vs Ocean here in Ireland (you’ll all be relieved to hear), but Coast vs Ocean instead. Anyway they contacted me on Tuesday to say they got an Ocean in almost my perfect spec. So I’ve taken the bull by the horns and am going for it!! It’s been a dream of mine for a long time, particularly since my parents died in recent years. Life is short!! I’ve 2 small kids (2&4), a serious case of vanderlust but a husband quite tied with work at present and my new Ocean will let us take to the road. We live in an amazing country with so much at our own doorstep which I hope to share with the kids. I am so excited to get our Cali adventure started. This forum was invaluable to me throughout the journey to purchase, so glad to be a member now not a lurker!

Angela.

Welcome Angela!!
So many adventures out there for you and your family

Hello Angela, your excitement shines through and its nice to hear, mines still in the order books.

So sorry to hear about your parents!! I used to work for the Birtish Red Cross and can confirm, life is in deed very short so enjoy it whilst you can, especially with 2 little ones, they will have memories of the cali for years to come!!!!

Have wonderful advetures and keep us posted with them all. I personally love hearing about cali adventures and know alot of people on these forums do to!!!

The open road is yours....:thumb:bananadance2:pinkbanana

Warmest regards

Mark

Welcome allong , exiting times ahead !

Welcome!
Happy times ahead! Also look forward to some pictures and hop the time gap between ordering and picking up isn‘t so bad .
Cheers

A California will change the way you experience the things on your door step making them all the more sweeter. A trip to a near by spot in the Cali is way better than in your old car. needless to say how that translates into things further afield.
Enjoy!!

Welcome! Oh I am so jealous. What a fantastic place to base your travels from. Your access to the Wild Atlantic Way really will prove what the California is mostly about .
Enjoy

Welcome Enjoy your adventures with your children as they grow up so fast

Excellent decision. Use and enjoy the new van in your wonderful country. Safe journey.

Welcome along, Angela! We have a Coast, in Cavan but spend loads of time in Kerry. We also have 2 kids & it is the best thing we have ever done as a family. Wishing you many happy travels and will give you a wave if we spot you!

Welcome :) we have had ours now for just over a month and its changed our lives already, very much for the better. I'm sure it will do the same for you and your family too :)

Welcome along, Angela! We have a Coast, in Cavan but spend loads of time in Kerry. We also have 2 kids & it is the best thing we have ever done as a family. Wishing you many happy travels and will give you a wave if we spot you!
Oh brilliant! I’ll post photos soon as I can. Any difficulty with insurance? Will ultimately be my primary vehicle and the broker I’m with for my car won’t insure as such. Any advice welcome!

Mine is my daily driver but we have trade insurance so can’t offer any advice. Looking forward to your pics

The adventures have begun! Got her a few days ago and already so so happy. It’s so much fun for the kids. They are so excited. Some teething problems though. The central control panel isn’t working properly. It resets every time the engine is off and can’t leave the fridge on. So that is disappointing but hopefully will be sorted soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e2e4ff006b209882945fa98436a6e3ab.jpg
c4f5ea91cd9e44911d5b145a3ad2bae0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just come back from Irelands wild Atlantic way. While the scenery is stunning and the people are warm and friendly, the roads are absolutely awful. Potholes, badly finished drainage shores, bumps hollows, bad surfaces etc etc. It was painful and at times utterly dangerous, and to think the general speed limit is 100kph , just crazy. I remember traveling these roads while I lived in Ireland many years before the marketing people got hold of the coastline and rebranded it. The signage is great and clearly marked, but to stick a few new signes up and do nothing about the roads is a disgrace. The N59 is called An Bothar Bocht by the locals The Terrible road, and boy are they right. Be careful but of course enjoy the beautiful coastline, simply stunning.

Oh brilliant! I’ll post photos soon as I can. Any difficulty with insurance? Will ultimately be my primary vehicle and the broker I’m with for my car won’t insure as such. Any advice welcome!

Hello,

I was looking up all information about the California and finally got one in November 2017.

Everything went fine, until I tried to insure the van. I spend an entire Saturday to ring all Irish car insurance companies, not one of them was willing to insure a camper van like the California.

It seems that in Ireland is only Stewart Insurance and Dolmen Insurance. Communications with Stewart Insurance was painful. They did not get their head around that a camper van was my main car! I signed up with Dolmen Insurance (Axa), but it was rather expensive. But in my panic to get any kind of insurance I was glad at the time.

Angela, if you find somebody else who insures a camper van used as the main vehicle please let me know.

Have a wonderful time with your California and I wish you all the time save and pleasant journeys.

Regards,
Eberhard