Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

O2 Travel - any experiences

G

gatvol

I have an O2 pay monthly phone. This has a free bolt on you have to enable called O2 travel.

This costs £2 every day you use data in Europe. But supposedly it gives you unlimited data - "there's no upper usage limit, but traffic management steps apply"

Has anyone used this ? - is it good enough for ie basic browsing ? ie reading news websites - but not downloading music or video

If you are on PAYG. The same daily charge applies but you are limited to 50MB a day

Thanks

I used it a couple of years ago, it was fine, just checking emails and web on my phone, no problems at all.

I used it for 2 weeks this summer in France, Belgium, Germany and Austria - only time it didn't work was Belgium where I had to override the network it had automatically roamed to as data didn't work. But even using data in multiple countries in Europe in a single day was still a single charge. Browsing and email fine.
- Nick

Now back from abroad.

The O2 travel on pay monthly actually worked very well in Spain and France. Speed was fine, no messing about swapping sims or similar, no need to buy a separate modem. It also worked fine as a wifi hotspot so we could plug the laptop into the phone too using a USB lead

BUT BUT BUT do remember to get the free O2 travel bolt on added to your package before you go, else you will get stung with sadistic roaming charges.

Anyone used Three ?

You can use any un its on your UK tariff in certain countries including France, Italy and Switzerland at no cost - units used as if you were at home !

I have just obtained a Sim and will be using this winter when skiing in France.

logyk said:
Anyone used Three ?

You can use any un its on your UK tariff in certain countries including France, Italy and Switzerland at no cost - units used as if you were at home !

I have just obtained a Sim and will be using this winter when skiing in France.

Yes, we are both on 3 and traveled through France, Italy, Austria and Germany this year. Their Home Away tariff worked for us and our bill was not noticeably greater when we got back home.

Alan

Alan, I am not sure what the tariff is that you are referring to.

I was sold the new sim on the basis of the new Feel at Home scheme which allows you to use your normal allowances when abroad without any charge whatsoever.

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

As long as I keep to my limits I should not pay anything extra.

logyk said:
Alan, I am not sure what the tariff is that you are referring to.

I was sold the new sim on the basis of the new Feel at Home scheme which allows you to use your normal allowances when abroad without any charge whatsoever.

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

As long as I keep to my limits I should not pay anything extra.

Sorry, used the wrong title. 'Feel at Home' was the one we were on. Didn't know we were, until we got a text to that effect.

Alan

Back