Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No paint repairs

T

Truman

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
No paint dent repairs, has anyone used this service before? Some stupid man opened his car door during windy weather it hit my van 'Dave' with an almighty thud and has dented the side of my Cali. Until now there hasn't been a single mark to be found our Cali which made him extra special to my wife and I.

Are no paint repairs expensive?

The best part was the chap tried to say he hadn't hit the car, WE WERE BOTH SAT IN IT at the time. He even gave me a demonstration on the angle of his car door, which proved a match for the damage.

Dent puller man should be able fix the ding provided the paint isn't broken. Last chap I used asked me send a picture & quoted on that basis.
I had 3 minor but annoying dings fixed across 2 vehicles for about £150 I think. There are some careless pricks around mind.

I’ve had some unknown person / truck put a nice big dent in the side of my Cali and not many no paint repair people want to touch it.

One guy has just messaged me this …

“in reality it really does need a new panel for absolute perfection & if repaired you will always see some minor rippling it really does depend on what your expectations are or go through insurance and have it replaced, but for me to repair and paint this all in with end result not perfect but certainly pass a courtesy glance would cost £650”

A NEW PANEL ?? That’s one large panel and not too sure where to even start with that (any suggestions) if I decide to go through insurance ??

IMG_0532.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

IMG_0534.jpeg

IMG_0530.jpeg

I’ve had some unknown person / truck put a nice big dent in the side of my Cali and not many no paint repair people want to touch it.

One guy has just messaged me this …

“in reality it really does need a new panel for absolute perfection & if repaired you will always see some minor rippling it really does depend on what your expectations are or go through insurance and have it replaced, but for me to repair and paint this all in with end result not perfect but certainly pass a courtesy glance would cost £650”

A NEW PANEL ?? That’s one large panel and not too sure where to even start with that (any suggestions) if I decide to go through insurance ??

View attachment 121345

View attachment 121346

View attachment 121347

View attachment 121348
I know your pain.
Unfortunately I was at fault with my incident.
Most smart repairers would not even look at it, and those that did walked away.
Eventually I contacted https://rapidpaintwork.co.uk/ a mobile repairer covering much of the South/South East.
Using a combination of pulling and filling and then respraying most of the side of my van to blend-in I feel I have an acceptable repair for £500.00 bearing in mind you probably won't get 100% without a new door skin, and even then you can get colour variations in the paint (especially metallic).
Before and after photos attached.
Must be worth a quote.

20190620_085233.jpg

IMG_4400.JPG

Back