Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No more Sliding Door beeping

OllieCollieCali

OllieCollieCali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Today I managed to stop the annoying beeping from the sliding door every time it closes. I know many people have asked how to disable it in the past, so thought I would let people know how I stopped it. The speaker that makes the beeping is inside the door control module.

My Sliding door had stopped working, and I tracked the fault down to the control module which is located behind the large lower trim under the D pillar just by the door motor. I had to completely remove the lower trim panel, which reveals the rear heater unit, and the door motor unit just below the window near the rear.
Tucked inside the bodywork of the D pillar is the control module - Its obvious when you know where it is, but I found it by following the wires from the door motor which plugs into the module. Theres a couple of screws holding it on, then you need to wiggle it out of the tight space to gain access.

Once unplugged the module casing just unclips, and inside is the circuit board which just sits in the casing. Theres a round speaker on one of the corners. I was tempted to remove this completely by removing the solder, but I wasnt sure if this would affect the operation or not.

So I stuffed as much tissue as i could into the hole on the speaker using a very small screwdriver, which now dampens all of the noise from the speaker. I put a bit of tape over the top just for good measure. there is still a very faint beeping noise when the module is out, but you cant hear it at all when its back in position and all of the van is back together. I put the casing back together and refitted the module, now everything is working again and no more annoying beeping every time i close the door!

I thought id pass this on for anyone else looking to get rid of the beeping. Its a bit of a pain to get to just to access the speaker, especially taking the side panel trim off, but it wasnt too bad in the end, and I had to access the control module anyway.

PXL_20240524_170330444.jpg

PXL_20240524_170509499.jpg

PXL_20240524_170715301.jpg

PXL_20240524_170747027.jpg

Back