Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to Vanlife

D

DanBro

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi All,

Thanks for allowing me to join the club. My wife, 3 kids and I have just bought our first VW van a 2015 Caravelle with the plan to convert her to suit our family needs.

I’ve gained loads of information and advice from previous threads on what to look out for when buying, so I’m really grateful for that and look forward to contributing in the future.

Our insta tag is @vanventures_of_five if anyone wants to follow our progress.

Thanks

Welcome Dan and crew.

The Caravelle is a lovely vehicle and makes a very practical family vehicle. Did you go for long or short wheel base?

I hope you all have very many lovely adventures in he/she/it. :thumb

Welcome Dan and crew.

The Caravelle is a lovely vehicle and makes a very practical family vehicle. Did you go for long or short wheel base?

I hope you all have very many lovely adventures in he/she/it. :thumb
Hi Borris,

We’ve got the short, initially I wanted Long but it was one of those things that I decided to relent on as the van we got was such a good deal and being LWB really wasn’t a deal breaker!!

we are definitely looking forward to our adventures. Lots of day trips to start with and still trying to decide on a name, we can’t agree and the kids aren’t helping!!

Hi All,

Thanks for allowing me to join the club. My wife, 3 kids and I have just bought our first VW van a 2015 Caravelle with the plan to convert her to suit our family needs.

I’ve gained loads of information and advice from previous threads on what to look out for when buying, so I’m really grateful for that and look forward to contributing in the future.

Our insta tag is @vanventures_of_five if anyone wants to follow our progress.

Thanks
I've just bought my first van - collecting tomorrow afternoon - a T28 conversion by Camperking (2018). Really excited. I hired a van for a long weekend to see if I liked it before committing lots of ££. The rained poured down ,the wind blew a hoolie, and I was smitten. If I like it in that weather it can only get even better.

I've just bought my first van - collecting tomorrow afternoon - a T28 conversion by Camperking (2018). Really excited. I hired a van for a long weekend to see if I liked it before committing lots of ££. The rained poured down ,the wind blew a hoolie, and I was smitten. If I like it in that weather it can only get even better.
We need to see photos after collecting

Camper king look like they do a cracking job

edit : what colours ?

Welcome here!
Look forward to see some pics! Already any ideas which way you'll go: Adding a roof tent or a pop up roof?
Happy camping meanwhile!

Welcome, keep us updated on your conversion. Something I had also considered…

Welcome here!
Look forward to see some pics! Already any ideas which way you'll go: Adding a roof tent or a pop up roof?
Happy camping meanwhile!
Plan is for pop top but know it’s going to be more costly/potentially difficult to find someone to convert a caravelle due to the rest air con.

This is what we have so far!! Swivelled front seats, plates from Kiravan, with cabbunk twin bunks for the girls and a multiflex board from STee FRee which makes our bed and leaves enough space in between for the baby’s travel cot (just)!!

F39E6423-78D5-4F89-9607-5E9CD408886E.jpeg

A44B0257-2BCC-454E-9C1C-2E25FA20739A.jpeg

527B0114-9A3D-4475-BAC5-2D5CF1E3AC2D.jpeg

64E276D4-84F2-4707-A233-8AF69BC12813.jpeg

Plan is for pop top but know it’s going to be more costly/potentially difficult to find someone to convert a caravelle due to the rest air con.

This is what we have so far!! Swivelled front seats, plates from Kiravan, with cabbunk twin bunks for the girls and a multiflex board from STee FRee which makes our bed and leaves enough space in between for the baby’s travel cot (just)!!

View attachment 79693

View attachment 79694

View attachment 79695

View attachment 79696
Look great, love the bunks…. I haven’t used these guys myself but a friend had his van converted by them. Very good workmanship….. but not cheap!!

Fab, thanks for the recommendation, will defo look at them!

Back