Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Owner, Help and advice for either the Cinch hub or Decathlon 6 person tent shelter

TheJonesFamily

TheJonesFamily

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hello everyone.

I am looking for some advice, after previously having a large tent and then falling out with camping due to the time and effort it takes to put the tent up and down and the usual packing it away when it’s wet and having tent hung all around our home. We have just bought a VW California 2009. There are now two of us but my daughters may join us on occasions and we have a large dog, I am wanting a little bit of extra space, I love the Cinch and as I love a gadget feel maybe this is swaying me towards one but wonder how easy it is to walk about in it? I’m 5 ft 7 and my husband is the same. Or do we just go for the decathlon one, I have watched every review on both these but would like to see pics of the Decathlon one close up to a van with the pop up up, is it a reasonable fit? I realise I can get the camper attachment for the Cinch soon but it’s so much more expensive with this and the van has cost us a lot already. I’d love a proper driveaway but feel I’m going to dread the pitching and taking down of it. I’ve also looked at the Comfortz camping room but don’t think it’s quite right for us. I look forward to hearing your comments and seeing your pics.

We have found the cinch amazing. Similar height and can stand up, eat, hang towels wetsuits etc. comes with really strong storm poles which were fine in 50mph gusts, and has a tent inner extra available so can also be used to sleep in. Haven’t got the van connector but may do. It’s not mega huge but enough room to be comfortable and really does take 2 minutes to put up and down!